Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day, I got a new phone, and during setup, i realized that there is a P.BASS setting under the SETUP button, If you click it, it gives you 4 settings, High, Mid, Low, and off. Default is off. When you put it on high, it gives the feel of a whole new sound system!!! Check it out!:D:D

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
YUP, i think a couple of us knew that, however you need to watch out, there were stories were the high level of P.BASS blew the stock speakers.

2,213 Posts
I found a secret button in my car, when you hit it, the windows open!!! :) lol they give you an owners manual for a reason! You should check out the other radio features. One is, the faster you go, the louder the radio gets. Thinknits called SVD or some crap like that!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'll have to agree with KoUpKiD905. . . .You blow the stock speakers and you've got to come out of pocket and get some new sound.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My dealer told me about it... then he told me to not use it..... I didn't listen and now the bass in the car clicks when its loud X.x

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^^
Lol

I agree about the p bass thing will just kill those stock speakers :( I leave the P Bass off and keep my bass setting at 3 or 4 sounds good lots of bass for stock :), I've never turned my radio up past like 18.. normally its around 9 too 13 depends on the song :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
^^^^
Lol

I agree about the p bass thing will just kill those stock speakers :( I leave the P Bass off and keep my bass setting at 3 or 4 sounds good lots of bass for stock :), I've never turned my radio up past like 18.. normally its around 9 too 13 depends on the song :)
U begin to enjoy at 18 !

After 25, nothing seems to change....

and i'm not speaking of age !

BTW... any suggestions for cheap small subs that could replace the rear crappy speakers ?
Or... speakers with low freq capabilities ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just turn the EQ Bass down to between -10 and -5 and put the P.Bass to HIGH

This setting is good for turning the system full blast. Never had a problem and it sound smooth. Usually at -10 Bass on the EQ for those really deep bass songs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bro, just invest in a new system and leave it on at Medium. I'm not a Forte owner but I've seen similar settings on other cars. If you push it to 'high', it won't last long. Medium bra :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts