Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I bought my car a while back, I noticed there was a small green sticker on both the corner of the windshield and one on the driver window that say "Security Solutions: Vehicle Traceable by Law Enforcement." What the hell is that? I thought we just had immobilizers in our cars, not some lo-jack system..:confused:

Here it is-

·
Registered
14 Posts
It looks kind of like those knock-off "ADT" type signs that people can make for their front yards so thieves think they have home security systems when they really don't. For most thieves, the sign is a big enough deterrent so it works and saves you a ton of money.

If you're motivated enough, these are easy enough to make on any computer and print onto sticker paper.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well if you have a cell phone in your car then the sticker is kinda true lol
they can trace the phone LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you buy it new? If so I would check with the dealer if they added something on
Yeah, it's new. I'm gonna ask the dealership the next time I get the oil changed. If I were betting, I'd say Beantown's right and that it's just some sticker they put in the new cars on the lot to keep thieves away.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
either that-- or your dealership is really really sneaky---some dealerships put a GPS tracker in the car as an add on telling you its in case the car get stolen-they can track it down.....but- the real purpose is to be able to find and imoblize the car if they have to repo it. i work in LE and yes- there are GPS systems that allow tracking of the car--- but LE doesnt do the monitoring-- some secondary company does- and they have to call the PD w/the veh information- and to tell you-- its hit or miss with those monitoring companies- we have had one company keep calling in about a car activiating its panic alarm- the address they gave us was in a dealership- all they knew was the year/make of the car- didnt know the tag, color, - when explained to them that this is a car lot- they responded- yes- but the panic alarm went off......

·
Registered
109 Posts
Big brother is watching you.. :D J/K tho it is probably worth picking up the phone and asking the dealer about. would come in handy in case some kid got frisky and steals your ride. :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
either that-- or your dealership is really really sneaky---some dealerships put a GPS tracker in the car as an add on telling you its in case the car get stolen-they can track it down.....but- the real purpose is to be able to find and imoblize the car if they have to repo it.
Okay, if that's the case I'm going to be VERY angry. I paid for my car in full with cash, so they have no right to be able to flip off my car when they feel. And for them to not even tell me about this is very underhanded. What if they accidentally turn off my car instead of someone who didn't make their payment?

I'm calling them tomorrow. Heads *may* roll!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
There are a few dealers in town that use systems like that. But those are the shady ones that mostly sell used cars. The interrupt systems they use are usually under the driver's steering wheel and light up to show how many days you have left to pay before they shut you down. Never seen one on a brand new vehicle tho.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
well- i guess here in tampa- we got a lot of con/scam artist types- and yes- a lot of the 2nd hand/bad credit dealers have gone the GPS route- i have come across a couple of the bigger sale companies doing it- after all- they are telling the customer - we added a GPS tracker so that if your car gets stolen- the police can find it quick.

and- if the car is sold under a loan- the car dealer/finance company officially owns the car- so theoretically- the sales guy might omit mentioning- "oh-if you fail to pay- we can hunt the car down".

all of that came to mind when i was buying my car....i got to go for the test drive, was sitting in the office afterwards, the sales guy went to go get some paperwork- the car was parked 30 feet outside the door- the key and keyfob were sitting on the desk-the guy was gone 10 mins--- and at no time prior- did the guy ever ask to see my DL,insurance, ID - nada. dealership was 1 min away from I75-and about 4 mins from I4- and 10 mins from I275... i could have been gone in 60 seconds (hahaha-had to toss that out) and the saleman would have had nothing on me other than a description- so now- i am wondering- if perhaps the reason he was so nonchalant about the whole security aspect- was that my car has a GPS tracker and i dont know about it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Has a similar sticker that was about 2.5 inches in diameter in red in the shape of a stop sign on my car when i got it from the dealer here in Toronto two weeks ago. Dealer did not know anything about it though, had the sticker removed when I had the car tinted, and just yesterday I noticed a small sticker on the inside of my trunk with a serial no. and states "traceable by law enforcement"

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^^
Hmmm sounds like somebodys added some new laws..
Big Brother much!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Has a similar sticker that was about 2.5 inches in diameter in red in the shape of a stop sign on my car when i got it from the dealer here in Toronto two weeks ago. Dealer did not know anything about it though, had the sticker removed when I had the car tinted, and just yesterday I noticed a small sticker on the inside of my trunk with a serial no. and states "traceable by law enforcement"
Damnit I have that too >.<

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Which one? or both(driver door window + trunk)?.. which dealer did you get yours at?
Both window and trunk.. and I got a letter too that its only applicable for the first 2 years.. and "if" my car gets stolen and they can't find it, they'll only cover 20%.. hmm worthless much?.. I got mine at 401 Dixie.

·
Registered
122 Posts
well Main_m .. tonight while i was re-badging the car.. i noticed a sticker under the hoos - its similar to the one under the trunk area.. and seriously 20%!>!?!?!

·
Registered
431 Posts
well Main_m .. tonight while i was re-badging the car.. i noticed a sticker under the hoos - its similar to the one under the trunk area.. and seriously 20%!>!?!?!
Yeah.. and thats without interest and taxes.. so basically they wont pay those.. also supposing base price of my sx was 21, they would pay me 5 or less, and that ***ONLY*** is creditable towards another car that I have to buy from KIA.. this service seems very worthless.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.