1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
644 Posts
Good find, now I might have to actually consider installing those, how hard is the install? Does it come with the necessary wiring, or is the wiring already in the car, just disconnected?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I got these about 4 weeks ago they are genuine product but you will need an aftermarket fog harness. Just a little tip you will need to take the washer bottle out to fit top screw on the bracket. Fit the bezel first then the fog light it's pretty tricky lying upside down between the kerb and footpath like I had to.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I got these about 4 weeks ago they are genuine product but you will need an aftermarket fog harness. Just a little tip you will need to take the washer bottle out to fit top screw on the bracket. Fit the bezel first then the fog light it's pretty tricky lying upside down between the kerb and footpath like I had to.

Have you or can you make a guide on the install, the products used, and how you powered them? (including where you mounted a switch for them etc?)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Do we even need the bezels? I haven't taken off the bezels on my EX to see but just tapping it sounds like the fog lamp area is a cover that might come off to stick the lamps in.
For the few that have put on the aftermarket lamps can you look closely at the bezels you took off and see if they would work with the lamps please?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I jumped on board and ordered the lights and bezels, used paypal. Hope they are worth the effort. :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do we need a different stalk for the headlight / foglight combo? What did you do with yours rpps?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have you or can you make a guide on the install, the products used, and how you powered them? (including where you mounted a switch for them etc?) I'm not that good at thei but here goes, going from memory now .

Thanks!
The install would be a lot simpler if you knew how to take off front bumper like I did on my Honda Civic.
The install was pretty straight forward the hardest part was getting to the foglight area from underneath the car.
# 1 Remove the plastic cover that fits below the radiator and the smaller covers underneath where foglights go. Also remove the first few plugs on the inner mudguard and fold that back for better vision.
#2 Unscrew the 3 screws that hold the blank foglight covers in-place, keep screws.
#3 Mount the new foglight Bezel and screw in using these screws
#4 Remove windscreen washer bottle
#5 Mount and secure foglights ( You will need extra screws for this the same size)
For the wiring harness I used this
UNIVERSAL FOG LIGHT LAMP WIRE WIRING HARNESS KIT NEW : eBay Motors (item 130385501269 end time Apr-30-10 01:24:40 PDT)
The blue wire on Wing Harness I connected to the Pink Wire on parklight harness, I wanted the foglights to come on when I turn on the parklights. To get entry for switch fitted on dash, I thredded the wire just under the front guard then through a hole where a little rubber gromet is situated on door sill or you can use the entry situated under top door hinge where the speaker wires ect. exit for the door.
Any further questions just e-mail me at [email protected].
It's all pretty well self explanitory when you get started
That wiring harness is a bit differnet but basically same principal just the wire colour is different see my pics

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HERE'S THE TRICK TO SAVE MONEY when ordering from Auot

On all of his ads, he shows his email address [email protected] and his name is Young Kim. If you email him with a list of what you want and your shipping address, he will quote you a lesser price than on eBay and once you have confirmed the order, he will send you a Paypal invoice to complete the order. I have done this a number of times and it works very well.

Here's an example: I just ordered a complete Left & Right Head Light assembly. On his eBay store thay are listed for $169.99US each. Plus $49.99 shipping ($45.99 for the second one). BTW, KIA Canada wants over $400 each :eek:.

Total it up and it comes to $435.96 US. After I emailed him my request, he quoted me $368 US. I ordered them this way and saved $67.96.

They will probably arrive in 3-4 weeks from South Korea.

I highly recommend that if you want something from this seller, do it this way if you have a Paypal account.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Can someone take pics of both sides of the "blank" fog lamp bezel that they removed. I want to compare it to the purchased bezel in the pictures. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can someone take pics of both sides of the "blank" fog lamp bezel that they removed. I want to compare it to the purchased bezel in the pictures. Thanks.
This seller can supply both for the Sedan and the Koup so make sure you are looking at the right ones.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, this guy must either work at the KIA parts supplier or know someone who does, look rt what he's got posted now.

For those of you looking to add foglights he already listed the lights and bezels for the Sedan and Koup now he has the control stock. This one says without fogs but email him and I'm sure he can get it.
OEM 08 10 Kia Forte Light Switch Signal Lever 1 Cerato on eBay.ca (item 170478941173 end time 28-May-10 09:42:07 EDT)

Look what else...
OEM 08 10 Kia Forte Rear Trunk Door Chrome Garnish Assy on eBay.ca (item 170479346788 end time 29-May-10 08:54:42 EDT)
OEM 08 10 Kia Forte Center Console With 2 Cup Holder 1P on eBay.ca (item 170479387151 end time 29-May-10 10:44:08 EDT)

It seems he can get a lot of the interior and unusual parts. If you need something, like the shiney black piece around the shifter, just ask him.

·
Registered
644 Posts
OK, this guy must either work at the KIA parts supplier or know someone who does, look rt what he's got posted now.

For those of you looking to add foglights he already listed the lights and bezels for the Sedan and Koup now he has the control stock. This one says without fogs but email him and I'm sure he can get it.
OEM 08 10 Kia Forte Light Switch Signal Lever 1 Cerato on eBay.ca (item 170478941173 end time 28-May-10 09:42:07 EDT)
Why does it show the picture of the one WITH fog lights? :p

I wonder how difficult it would be to wire the fog lights to this control in the EX..

·
Registered
576 Posts
I just bought an after market fog wiring harness and mounted mine under change pocket . I hardly ever touch it, I turn it on and leave it, it's wired to come on when I turn lights on from the column stalk.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I received the fog lights and bezels today ( May 3) via US Postal Service. I purchased them with paypal through ebay on April 22.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pigtails for OEM fog lights

Universal fog light wiring kits may also require separate pigtail adapters for the 881 bulb. I ordered 2 each of these GM pigtails.

Replaces GM Part No. 12043215,12085498

GM Halogen Cornering Light Pigtail Assembly

I will re-edit this post if the part is wrong. Waiting for the delivery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i vote someone makes a damn video

1 - 20 of 21 Posts