Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,853 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures BigE...It will motivate me to do the same with my sedan and Koup. I always thought it was odd that my sedan has a chrome-ringed grille with black-ringed headlights while my Koup has black-ringed grille and chrome-ringed headlights...go figure...LoL!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,853 Posts
Ha HA, i would have thought you would have done this ages ago, since you didn't need to go find someone to swap with. lol!
ooohhh nnooo...had to get the wife's approval first. Your pictures helped convince her...;-)...LoL!!!

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Just swapped mine out...changes the front end appearance of each model! I highly recommend sedan owners finding a Koup owner to swap out your headlights - and vice versa...LoL!

Fairly easy to do...two 10 MM bolts on top of the headlights -- I also loosened the 12MM bolt at the sides of each headlight -- top of fender on top of the black support, and I loosend and removed all 4 of the plastic retainers on top of the grille -- just to make a little extra play available. There is one wiring harness connector at each head light -- push in the retaining clip on top of the connector and wiggle it free. Then pushing and lifting from behind (one hand behind and one hand on the front of the headlight for control) -- push the headlight forward (towards the front of the car) you'll free up the 2 clips at the bottom of the headlight. Finally while using a little upward force remove the headlight. You want to use a little upward force to keep from marring the paint on the front fascia/bumper.

Sorry...no camera at hand...

·
Registered
5,853 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Thank you too BigE!
A headlight swap is a nice subtle change that not many will recognize. I love the black!
...time to get rid of that darn hood prop-open bar and get the hood lift cylinders too...LoL

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Hey guys, Just completed a switch with Gehan'sForte&Soul. Pics will be posted when I get them emailed to me.
We'll be waiting...LoL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.