Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
I'm wary of not securely bolting a spoiler on a car...at 70 MPH there is a lot of wind force! If you do get this spoiler post some pics of the "unique" clips they refer to. the factory Kia spoiler uses studs and nuts...the Sportwing spoiler uses screws that go up from under the trunk into metal plates in the bottom of the spoiler mounts...and both spoilers use double sided tape as well.

...as for the third brake light...curious how you install the wiring without drilling a hole. I've installed several spoilers and all needed holes drilled for the third brake light. Unly way they could do this is running the wire over the side of the trunklid and through the trunk seal.

It is best to disconnect the wiring to the current brake light in the rear window and use it for the spoiler's brake light -- just run the wire securing it with tie straps and use plastic wire loom to protect it from chafing. No need for the brake light in the rear window when you have a spoiler brake light.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very true i didnt even think about the other third brake light that is already there...they actually have a pic with them all on in the link...not to sure how i feel about that...if i were to get one that needed drilled i would more than likely have it installed by a dealer or a trustworth place that does that.i wouldnt feel to comfortable doing that myself! like the spoiler and the idea but def. second thoughts about it. hmmmm?

·
Registered
204 Posts
You could always take the Bulb out of the 3rd brake light? Just a thought....However..Im with the other person worrying about 3M tape holding up with 70-80..maybe 90 MPH winds :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the 3M tape is on it along with the clips...i was just worried about the clips, i have never heard of using that on a spoiler, i wasnt sure if anyone else did.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
Tha factory Kia Forte sedan spoiler looks good, has the third brakelight, and is VERY securely bolted to the trunk lid...can't go wrong with it!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
if im not mistaken, the spoiler from the dealer is approx $200 (maybe more) and thats unpainted uninstalled. I think you were looking at around $500-$600 painted/installed by the dealer. If I am wrong, please correct me. Im simply going off memory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.