Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reconfirming its commitment to its motorsports program and showing just how much their street cars can benefit from track competition, Kia unveiled the Forte Koup Type R Concept at the 2010 SEMA Show today.

Painted in a menacing matte-black, the Type R Concept gets its inspiration from the Forte Koup race cars that competed in the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge last year.

Built by Kinetic Motorsports, which also builds Kia's race cars, the Type R gets a widebody stance with a revised front fascia, big 18-inch BBS RG 18-inch forged aluminum wheels and modified suspension components. Inside the racing theme is continued with custom seats, carbon fiber inlays and a short throw shifter.

More: SEMA 2010: Kia Unveils Forte Koupe Type R Concept in Las Vegas on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
lol i was just going to post this up.. you beat me to the punch!!!:)

I love this idea and this concept not only looks great it has some very nice upgrades but its not just a body kit and some stickers.. there is some real great mods to everything on the car.. should make a lovely spirited drive!!

I hope the offer this as a pakage we could upgrade are cars with? that would be cool!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Love the wide-body kit and the chin spoiler, but something about flat paint goes against every belief system I have.

·
Registered
708 Posts
lol i was just going to post this up.. you beat me to the punch!!!:)

I love this idea and this concept not only looks great it has some very nice upgrades but its not just a body kit and some stickers.. there is some real great mods to everything on the car.. should make a lovely spirited drive!!

I hope the offer this as a pakage we could upgrade are cars with? that would be cool!
yea that would be awesome.. it's got full bolt ons, lowering/ performance springs.. ridiculous brakes and a nice kit to boot basically its got everything that like 85% of most forte owners will do to their cars lol i wonder what the power numbers are on it.. i know they had the kinetic motorsports forte up to like 210 hp or something.. probably to the crank .. but still thats 40 hp up from stock

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Agreed about the paint. Otherwise this thing is rad! I think someone from KIA's research & development department should read our requests and put a damn turbo on these things.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Agreed about the paint. Otherwise this thing is rad! I think someone from KIA's research & development department should read our requests and put a damn turbo on these things.
Actually Ryan, I believe they have already announced a 2012 or 13 forte w/turbo AAAAAND, TK just released theirs and I'm sure there will be more on the market soon. This car is just too hot to ignore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.