Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i ordered the sequence GT spoiler from KOREAN AUTO IMPORTS.... should have been shipped in 2-3 weeks... waiting and still no spoiler soo then i call them and they say o it didnt even ship yet.... so then finally over a month after i order it it shows up... then its sitting in my garage waiting till i can get a time to get into the body shop to have it put on which was last friday 8/13/10 friday the 13th of course... take it out of the box and it is in horrible condition looked like it was a used part that someone tried to fix and then gave up and sent it back....

sorry for all the pictures but these are the pictures i sent back to KOREAN AUTO IMPORTS finally after a couples days of hassle with them they tell me that they dont see anything wrong with the spoiler.... me about to scream tried to calm down and explain that there is no way i am keeping this product... it looks lik a second hand item that they sold to me at new part price.... i am fully aware that most fiberglass parts dont come shipped perfect and require some prep before installation but it looks like this had already been attempted to prep then gave up and sent it back. the body man that was going to install it said there is no way he would even attempt to fix that and put it on my car... not to mention it didnt even come with mounting hardware..... id like to say im sorry for calling out KOREAN AUTO IMPORTS but with the way i have been treated so far i am warning everyone to be careful when ordering from them

sooo is it just me or is there deff something wrong with the spoiler?

·
Registered
587 Posts
"Worldwide Shipment:
  • 3 main distribution centers, USA, Canada & Korea
  • Advanced logistics to quickly and efficiently service customers worldwide
  • High quality packaging and careful handling to ensure your order arrives safely
  • Quality Control (QC). Each item is inspected thoroughly by our staff before shipment
  • Most International orders ship EMS express w/ tracking for no additional charge (terms apply)"
Got this from their site......

Hmmmmmmmm.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
yea i don't think you are over reacting at all. I would be upset too if my hard earn money and the long wait time went to a busted used spoiler. Plus it seems there customer service isn't that great either. Are they going to ship you another one or refund your money?

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I have ordered thinks from them with no problems at all. I am realy sorry to hear this. Are they sending you a new one? Or are you just returning it?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
Unpainted spoilers are supposed to be ready for paint...that spoiler is not ready for paint -- it is ready for a complete restoration. Let us know if they give you a refund - or - send you another one ready for paint. I've thought about getting parts from them ...but not until I see resolution on your situation...and even then only maybe!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
holy batcrap - wow- that is fugly.

i was so worried that mine was gonna look like that- that when work called me this morning saying my spoiler had arrived-i went there and opened it up and inspected it-
whew- i lucked out- even though the box look like it had gone thru hell and back- (it even had wrapping tape covering a few big gashes.....) yay! mine didnt look like the pix up above :) happy for me..........sorry about your bad luck d1

(oh yeah- just to clarify- i got a different spoiler than the above pics)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well when I talked to them today they said they didn't see anything wrong with the spoiler in the pictures provided until I talked them through the pictures they realized I was wrong and told me to call back in an hour and a half.... So I did and no one answered the 3 times I called... They also said I should receive an email which I did not.... Soo I am very unhappy with the service I am receiving... I originally told them the only way I would accept a replacement is if they toke it out of the box and sent me pictures of its condition... I am also surprised to see what blkkoup posted that they check each shipment which they obviously did not.... I might tell them I want the new one sent painted for free

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i would have them paint it for free as well cuz this is unacceptable. if they accept to send a new one, which they should, make sure they send you a mailing sticker that has shipping paid for so you dont have to mess with that if they require you to send this POS that they originally sent you

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did they ship from a US distribution center? if so, then see if you can report them to the BBB. Maybe that will help the situation. Also, call a sales rep there and pretend you are inquiring about the same spoiler. Ask them what type of condition they come in, tell them you saw one online that *somebody* ordered and it looked like it was a return item that was tampered with and what should you do if you get an item like that. Then hang up and call back and do what the previous rep said to do if you get a jacked up item.

Works for me all the time with all companies I have problems with. All workers are different, one may not give a shit what problem you have and others may be honestly concerned. Shoot, maybe a guy in the back swapped the one you should have got with his banged up one and thought he could get away with it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
and seriously- KIA the power to suprise?

you wanna see suprised?
piss off customers on the internet.

i think blkoup's remarks were meant as sarcasm.
while i feel your pain D1-
tip of the day-always open boxes soon as you get them.....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it was shipped from korea.... which i think is the problem.... but i dont understand how they can say that they "inspect" each shipment if it went from korea to my house.... I am going to call them out on that tomorrow when i talk to them. I dont know if i can call the sales rep because every single time i have called iv talked to the same person... the online website is Korean Auto Imports but the company is sheerwood automotive

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just talked to discover had the charge disputed. emailed korean auto and told them i disputed the charge and i wanted a mailing sticker because i was not going to pay for it to be sent back and the only way i will accept a new one is if they take pictures of it to prove it is in excellent condition before being sent to me

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Very good move... provide the pics to discover, even if they say they do not need them, try to get them on file. If it goes to some form ejudication, it will be faster if they have them and it proves you've done your due diligence.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Mine actually looked similar to that, but I just gave my spoiler to Maaco and they fixed it and painted my Sequence Spoiler. It looks amazing but I'm not installing it until I get back from my deployment, I don't want my Koup to rust while I'm overseas.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Wow, this sounds like a nightmare. It's one thing for a company to send you a F'ed up product, but it's a whole different game when they won't even try to rectify the situation. Korean Auto Imports has some cool stuff, but after hearing about this,I'll find what I want elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
hey so those that have installed this spoiler, how much did it cost to paint? i want mine to look exactly how it looks in the pictures. white with the black bridge and sides

1 - 20 of 43 Posts