Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7300rpm on my kia forte thanks to sfr. and jay heres a quick video battery died more videos to come

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried I was planning 3 videos take off drive by and hw run streaching gears 1-4 that's my goal keep you posted

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
is this on the manual only? or do they work on the auto as well? and how the hell can i get that.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's there website ::SFR:: Seoulfulracing Online Store/Community If you want to contact them directly here's there number 610-619-3527 Ask for jay. they are located in pa. There on a tour going to diffrent shops. The flash improves performance in throttle responce they eliminate the gov. And bump up redline to 7300rpm. I do have tk cai and a exhaust that's really it o yea and nitrous.. It's raining today so no videos today sorry

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is this on the manual only? or do they work on the auto as well? and how the hell can i get that.
Yes it will work on a auto also hit up the link or give them a call for more info I have made a thread about the flash before on here

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
contact sfr they are planning trips let them know wen they are going to a city near you

·
Registered
6 Posts
do you know if they can remap timing, fuel or vvt?

actually, does anyone know how the vvt on the 2.0 or 2.4 works? is it a map, switch, or hydraulic? combo?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they do advance your timing on your vehicle. If you like a custome tune they charge 150 an hour.

·
Registered
746 Posts
bluej wrote: do you know if they can remap timing, fuel or vvt?
actually, does anyone know how the vvt on the 2.0 or 2.4 works? is it a map, switch, or hydraulic? combo?
KIA uses CVVT (continuous variable valve timing).

Description:
Continuous Variable Valve Timing (CVVT) system advances or retards the valve timing of the intake and exhaust valve in accordance with the ECM control signal which is calculated by the engine speed and load.
By controlling CVVT, the valve over-lap or under-lap occurs, which makes better fuel economy and reduces exhaust gases (NOx, HC) and improves engine performance through reduction of pumping loss, internal EGR effect, improvement of combustion stability, improvement of volumetric efficiency, and increase of expansion work.

This system consists of:
- the CVVT Oil Control Valve (OCV) which supplies the engine oil to the cam phaser or runs out the engine oil from the cam phaser in accordance with the ECM PWM (Pulse With Modulation) control signal,
- the CVVT Oil Temperature Sensor (OTS) which measures the engine oil temperature,
- and the Cam Phaser which varies the cam phase by using the hydraulic force of the engine oil.

The engine oil getting out of the CVVT oil control valve varies the cam phase in the direction (Intake Advance/Exhaust Retard) or opposite direction (Intake Retard/Exhaust Advance) of the engine rotation by rotating the rotor connected with the camshaft inside the cam phaser.

CVVT Operation Principle:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][URL="http://www.forteforums.com/forums/members/gripphard-albums-gripphard-s-album-picture1560-cvvt-operation-principle.jpg"][COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://www.forteforums.com/forums/members/gripphard-albums-gripphard-s-album-picture1560-cvvt-operation-principle.jpg"]http://www.forteforums.com/forums/members/gripphard-albums-gripphard-s-album-picture1560-cvvt-operation-principle.jpg[/COLOR][/URL][/URL]

CVVT System Mode:

CVVT Modification:
You maybe able to (find) install an adjustable exhaust cam sprocket, that will alter only the exhaust cam timing. Since, intake cam timing is controlled by the ECM, with feedback from a cam sensor on the intake cam. To change the intake cam timing, you need an ECM re-flash, or to reposition the intake cam sensor up or down somehow.

Hope this helps:)
- put together with aid of kiatechinfo.com
[/FONT]

·
Registered
6 Posts
KIA uses CVVT (continuous variable valve timing).

Description:
Continuous Variable Valve Timing (CVVT) system advances or retards the valve timing of the intake and exhaust valve in accordance with the ECM control signal which is calculated by the engine speed and load.
By controlling CVVT, the valve over-lap or under-lap occurs, which makes better fuel economy and reduces exhaust gases (NOx, HC) and improves engine performance through reduction of pumping loss, internal EGR effect, improvement of combustion stability, improvement of volumetric efficiency, and increase of expansion work.

This system consists of:
- the CVVT Oil Control Valve (OCV) which supplies the engine oil to the cam phaser or runs out the engine oil from the cam phaser in accordance with the ECM PWM (Pulse With Modulation) control signal,
- the CVVT Oil Temperature Sensor (OTS) which measures the engine oil temperature,
- and the Cam Phaser which varies the cam phase by using the hydraulic force of the engine oil.

The engine oil getting out of the CVVT oil control valve varies the cam phase in the direction (Intake Advance/Exhaust Retard) or opposite direction (Intake Retard/Exhaust Advance) of the engine rotation by rotating the rotor connected with the camshaft inside the cam phaser.

CVVT Operation Principle:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][URL="http://www.forteforums.com/forums/members/gripphard-albums-gripphard-s-album-picture1560-cvvt-operation-principle.jpg"][COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://www.forteforums.com/forums/members/gripphard-albums-gripphard-s-album-picture1560-cvvt-operation-principle.jpg"]http://www.forteforums.com/forums/members/gripphard-albums-gripphard-s-album-picture1560-cvvt-operation-principle.jpg[/COLOR][/URL][/URL]

CVVT System Mode:

CVVT Modification:
You maybe able to (find) install an adjustable exhaust cam sprocket, that will alter only the exhaust cam timing. Since, intake cam timing is controlled by the ECM, with feedback from a cam sensor on the intake cam. To change the intake cam timing, you need an ECM re-flash, or to reposition the intake cam sensor up or down somehow.

Hope this helps:)
- put together with aid of kiatechinfo.com
[/FONT]
thanks gripphard, that's exactly the info I was looking for. so if it's pwm, there's a map in the ecm that we should be able to altar. Imho, just altering the cam sensor wouldn't be very effective (be like altering base ignition timing vs. ignition advance) and could also effect other systems (ignition timing).

I just came from the miata world where the stock map for the vvt heads is aimed extensively towards emissions, not performance. if kia has done the same (which makes sense to me for only 156 hp for a 2.0 displacement with vvt), there should be a fair amount left on the table.

thanks for the link to that tech site as well, i've only had my koup a couple of weeks so i'm still figuring out where to find stuff. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
So...had anyone actually done this yet? Are there any dyno charts/numbers? what exactly could I expect out of a 2.0 auto with CAI/muffler? Anything proving this is worth the $?

·
Registered
489 Posts
So...had anyone actually done this yet? Are there any dyno charts/numbers? what exactly could I expect out of a 2.0 auto with CAI/muffler? Anything proving this is worth the $?
Reflash is totally worth it, especially if you can manage to get a programmer that has 3 different tunes on it. Have one for 87 with fuel economy tune, one with 93 street performance, and another one for 93+ track performance. Not to mention you can go back to stock tune when taking your car in for maintenance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts