·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
I heard from the folks that makes the Sharkfin antenna... I might try their beta product. In the mean time, I removed the whip and hit the connector edge with some gloss black touch up. It looks pretty good and still get's good reception. I rarely listen to FM with Sirius in the car and hated the FM penile extension. ;-)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the mast better. Reminds me of an RC car, and makes the kid in me smile.
But i always say to each his own, everyone has their own taste.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I spoke to the people who vinyled my roof and they said the antenna comes off easily after dropping the rear headliner. The curve of the roof is the trick but I bet other Kia/Hyudai stock fins would work. Maybe a DIY is in order...

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is the Mark II Fin

VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II

and they said that it did work with the Sirius
I posted my install on a separate thread a few weeks ago. The Visual Garage people are very professional and my fin arrived supper fast, and the paint matched perfectly. The istall is super super simple, and it holds really solid. The fin Mark II fin that I bought actually has a built in antenna and it just hooks up to your factory antenna with one simple screw. Sirius, FM/Am, and everything else has not been affected whatsoever in no may shape or form, I actually think it sounds better. There are many haters to this antenna, as are to any part of anything. But I love it and combined with my emblems and debadging Ive had people ask me if it is a Lexus, HA!!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
It sounds better cuz you're just happy, selective hearing. Haha anyway it looks good! Mine's coming in hopefully soon.. It's been a week since I ordered it. Told me there's a lead time of 2 weeks... I'm guessing lots are ordering it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
HA!, Ya, Im brainwashed cause I love it your only speakin the truth! Ya I heard many people saying they were on a backlog of a couple weeks. Probably got mine quick because i ordered it a while ago and when I did they didn't have a sale yet to a KOUP owner. They said my pictures of my Koup w/ fin will be the first KIA Forte on thier site. Pretty cool, cant wait to see it up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know where I could find a stock antenna? Mine is apparently broken and the dealer is trying to charge me $270 just for the replacement, not including labor, and i highly doubt that it costs nearly that much. I dont want the sharkfin because i actually like the one that originally comes with the car. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
If you find someone near your location who has switched theirs already they may be willing to sell their original antenna to you.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Does anyone know where I could find a stock antenna? Mine is apparently broken and the dealer is trying to charge me $270 just for the replacement, not including labor, and i highly doubt that it costs nearly that much. I dont want the sharkfin because i actually like the one that originally comes with the car. Thanks for your help in advance.
What do you need? The entire base or just the rod/attachmnt ? If it's the entire base it maybe expensive but if it's just the rod. That can't be more than a couple bucks

·
Registered
15 Posts
The base is still attached to the car, the top part cleanly snapped off so the screws and the entire bottom are still in good shape. The three black plastic holes on the top where the screws screw in are what broke in half, causing the antenna to basically sit on top of my car. So basically i only need the top, but unfourtunately I have no clue what im doing when it comes to cars - hence thats why i went to the dealer :). Any ideas?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I see on the sharkfin website that Forte isn't listed to choose from when colormatching. What set up did you do to get the blue antenna to match?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts