Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did CopuewithA'K' engine cover but I need an idea for what to paint on it. Like how copue put Koup, but I want something else, So please just give me some ideas, Thanks

CopuewithA'K' picture

My Engine Cover

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i going to paint it with a high temp clear coat, i never want to do this much sanding again in my life lol

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I say leave it blank. It'll look cleaner.
Ya it will look cleaner but it'll be to plain for me, its got to have something there

·
Registered
174 Posts
You sound like a subi with a stock exhaust?

·
Registered
306 Posts
u can always sand blst it at school. have u ever tried using the sand blast machine? that way if u mess up u can use that lol. i like the way it was

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You sound like a subi with a stock exhaust?
hahaha :D ya with the intake I have on it, its got that low pitch grumble sound like a subi from 2700-4000 rpms

reggie, i got to be careful with that, i could knock off the bondo

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well this is the finished product, a little rough but it came out alright

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Wow that's beautiful, what did you use to make the logo? Or was it a pre-made sticker? I'm thinking of doing the same thing with mine so I need to know as much as I can ahaha

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow that's beautiful, what did you use to make the logo? Or was it a pre-made sticker? I'm thinking of doing the same thing with mine so I need to know as much as I can ahaha
Thank you, I made the logo by hand, I covered the top with masking tape, then drew the UKE on it and cut out the letters with an exacto knife. You just need a lot a patience and good luck man :)

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Job well done man, it looks really good. I'm a complete noob on sanding and painting plastic. What paints and sandpaper grade did you use?

I definitely want to try this on my engine bay cover / other various plastics under the hood.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Thank you, I made the logo by hand, I covered the top with masking tape, then drew the UKE on it and cut out the letters with an exacto knife. You just need a lot a patience and good luck man :)
Very very well done to both you and koupwithaK. Now what did you use to fill in the whole with 2.4 dohc raised letters?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Job well done man, it looks really good. I'm a complete noob on sanding and painting plastic. What paints and sandpaper grade did you use?

I definitely want to try this on my engine bay cover / other various plastics under the hood.
Thank you:), Im a noob with plastic to lol. Heres the paint i used, Valspar flat black, Dupli-color Perfect Match, Brite Touch General Purpose Primer, Dupli-color Engine Enamel Clear. You can use any paint to match the color of the car just hit it with a high temp clear coat just to make sure it doesnt peel and make it nice and shiny:D. For the sandpaper grade I used a 40, 80, 180, and i think 200 grade

Very very well done to both you and koupwithaK. Now what did you use to fill in the whole with 2.4 dohc raised letters?
I used bondo fiberglass resin jelly, but to make sure the letters didnt show up i sanded them down with 40 grade

·
Registered
154 Posts
im going to take mine to a guy thats at r mall that does airbrushing n have him do a joker them on mine

1 - 20 of 27 Posts