Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any replacement or aftermarket shift knobs for KOUP Sx automatic transmission, had the car now for a few months and the silver finish is all chipped up and wearing away, i dont even know what from i havent scratched it or anything yet, its like my palm sweat is eating it away.

maybe there is like a full leather one out there or something,

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
695 Posts
Similar to radamrocker, I am looking for a replacement shift know for my SX Koup manual. The silver seems to wear easily and wanted something that had a better feel that worked with the "special reverse shift up thing". I am sure you guys know what i am talking about.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the shift knob. I HATE when the silver finish comes off. Since I am going to buy a 2011 Koup I think that I will take it to an shop and have them make me a leather boot for the knob. Maybe that's a solution to your problem too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a leather shifter. But if I had one with a silver finish, after reading this thread, I would probably be tempted to grab some of my wife's clearcoat nail polish and give the shifter(Notice how I avoided saying 'knob' :)" a few coats to keep the finish in place before fading takes hold.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i just bought one from autozone.... it came with the set of plastic things that fit over the post and then u screw the knob into the plastic... basically a universal fit... only problem i had was the post looked a little to long so i super glued the original peice to the shift knob... i no my vocabulary isnt the best idk the best way to describe it... im at work now but ill get some pics later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts