Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know if there's still any company selling shifter cable bushings? I know of Torque Solutions, but I kind of refuse to buy from them due to their shipping cost being retarded, and I sent emails to 3 people there with no answer.

I read about "KJB" bushings in some older threads, but can't find anything on Google about them.

TWM seems to have gone down the ****er and is ripping their customers off by not sending the items that people pay for.

Anybody have any suggestions? Currently have a torn bushing and would like to replace them with some better ones (OEM only sells the entire cable).

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've only seen a handful of people with issues with the bushing, but your best bet is to just pay for the shipping from Torque Solutions or risk TWM. Because our car is limited in aftermarket stuff like that you only have the options that are listed. You can try K5Optima store or maybe KDM-Holic. There's also Albert Hwang on the Forte pages on Facebook that can get you the OEM bushing for cheap.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've only seen a handful of people with issues with the bushing, but your best bet is to just pay for the shipping from Torque Solutions or risk TWM. Because our car is limited in aftermarket stuff like that you only have the options that are listed. You can try K5Optima store or maybe KDM-Holic. There's also Albert Hwang on the Forte pages on Facebook that can get you the OEM bushing for cheap.
Why do you "risk" TWM? I purchased my brushings from them when I installed my short shifter (obviously that was in 2013) Are they out of business now?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you "risk" TWM? I purchased my brushings from them when I installed my short shifter (obviously that was in 2013) Are they out of business now?
Yep. They're officially closed now according to Google. They stopped fulfilling orders for the last few months of their existence, and then finally shut down. Really ****ty move in my opinion.

I went with the TS bushings as I don't think there's currently any other option. Their customer support sucks/is non-existent. I emailed them 4 times (using various email addresses) asking if they could reduce shipping, and never heard back at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts