Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am heavily considering trading my car in for a new Koup. I have a few questions that I was hoping some of you could answer for a new-to-kia owner.

Does the SX not come in White?
Why do I see different rear bumpers? are the SX the ones with the rear diffuser?

I am worried about taking a step down to get a Koup. I have a Mazdaspeed 6 right now....which is AWD and 274hp turbo charged. I know this car won't perform like the speed6, but an 8+ second 0-60 is rather frightening....Why such a high number for 170ish hp? I expected the 0-60 to be in the upper 6s or low 7s at the most.

thanks for your input!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the koup sx 6 spd.

I have driven the mazdaspeed6 and its a huge difference......

The koup comes in white and has a diffuser. Its a fun car to drive and i find it better then the 2.3 mazda 3 (my wife has this)

The question is why are you steeping down? what don't you like about you car now??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SX comes in white? On the website, when you select the SX, the white option is removed. That would be great if the SX came in white.

I am considering getting rid of the speed6 mainly because of my warranty ending within the next 6months, and the number of reliability issues higher mileage cars are experiencing. I would normally just extend the warranty, but my local Mazda dealer is worthless, and has really soiled me from using their services or even owning another Mazda again. I love my car, I have absolutely no complaints about it at this point. I only have 12,000 miles on it, so I figure that will put me pretty close to a new Koup in price. Cheaper car payment and lower insurance would be nice too..

I am just worried that I will miss the power...I haven't had a non-forced induction car in several years. I guess I just need to get my ass to the dealer and test drive one instead of peaking through the windows.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
The SX comes in white? On the website, when you select the SX, the white option is removed. That would be great if the SX came in white.

I am considering getting rid of the speed6 mainly because of my warranty ending within the next 6months, and the number of reliability issues higher mileage cars are experiencing. I would normally just extend the warranty, but my local Mazda dealer is worthless, and has really soiled me from using their services or even owning another Mazda again. I love my car, I have absolutely no complaints about it at this point. I only have 12,000 miles on it, so I figure that will put me pretty close to a new Koup in price. Cheaper car payment and lower insurance would be nice too..

I am just worried that I will miss the power...I haven't had a non-forced induction car in several years. I guess I just need to get my ass to the dealer and test drive one instead of peaking through the windows.
You're correct, for some reason neither the Koup nor the Sedan in SX trim are available in white in the US. They are available in Canada but then we don't have the Dark Cherry and the copperhead is only avaiable on the Koup SX here.

As for the difference in power, I beleive you will notice quite a drop from you're present vehicle. I find the SX to have reasonable power but I wouldn't call it a performance car. Remember, these cars are geared for fuel economy. I find my SX sedan to be adequate of the line but no race car but it has plenty of power at highway speed to pass and get speeding tickets. You might want to wait and see if the rumors of a factory turbo option coming turn out to be true.

The other option is to look at the Hyundai Genisis Coupe with the turbo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just read about the turbo option. That has me excited. My warranty is good for another 6 months. I'll just sit back and wait... Hopefully something will be more concrete by then. I'd be all over a turbo Forte, as would thousands of others, im sure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah I keep reading about a stock turbo on the koup. I would love to trade my Spectra for a koup. But I'm worried that as soon as I trade in a turbo one will be introduced. If you guys know or hear of anything related to this let me know. Thx

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't think a stock turbo will be coming out anytime soon... maybe next year but thats a big maybe.

·
Registered
533 Posts
There won't be a stock turbo but there will be an aftermarket turbo this year...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah I keep reading about a stock turbo on the koup. I would love to trade my Spectra for a koup. But I'm worried that as soon as I trade in a turbo one will be introduced. If you guys know or hear of anything related to this let me know. Thx
Oh, I had a spectra as a rental car. Dude, trust me, you can't go wrong with this car! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts