Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know TWM (site sponsor) already made a short shifter. I was wondering is it possible for any company to make one that has more than 25% reduction. I am wondering more around 40%? is it possible or am i just dreamin?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Noodile, I honestly don't think u need anything more than 25%. I've heard only good things about TWM's short shifter and how it's very short. I think any shorter and you're basically at sportmatic but with a clutch. I'm ordering mine soon and looking forward to shifting being cleaner and shorter. TWM makes one hell of a product and has amazing customer service and support.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noodile, I honestly don't think u need anything more than 25%. I've heard only good things about TWM's short shifter and how it's very short. I think any shorter and you're basically at sportmatic but with a clutch. I'm ordering mine soon and looking forward to shifting being cleaner and shorter. TWM makes one hell of a product and has amazing customer service and support.

I Agree TWM makes great Products, i've seen all their videos and reviews, i was just wondering if its possible to be shorter. (no pun intended). Sportmatic with a clutch isnt a bad idea :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Once you have the short shifter installed the throws feel shorter then 25%, its a night and day diffrence. Anything shorter it would be trickey to get into gear because you would have no room to move the shifter. The whole system has such a rigid feel and soooo precise that its a whole new driving experience.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi everyone,

We went with this specific throw reduction because it was really exactly what the car needed. The stock shifter assembly also has its limits and does not allows to go much more than that. Which is not a bad thing since the 25% throw reduction is, according to all our testers and to our first customers, just perfect!

Let me know if you have any other question, I'll be happy to help!

Frank
Team TWM Performance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts