Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I recently got my car tinted last thursday for $200. I went to this place because they are reputable. Well today as I was washing my car I noticed some air pockets due to dust. Should I go complain and get it redone? Or am I just anal? It comes with a lifetime warranty. Here's a pic of the air pockets.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wouldn't "complain" as much as i'd take my car back and say "hey, here's some noticeable air bubbles, so i think this has to be re-done"......if they say "alright, let's book an appointment" then everything is good. I find this a much better approach then going in saying "you guys suck at tinting, i'm telling everyone never to get tinting done here and i'm going to the media unless you completely replace all my tint, my brothers tint, my fathers tint, my mother's tint and her tuesday night bingo partner's tint".

It's a lifetime warranty...shouldn't be a problem

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol i wasn't really gonna complain but point it out to them. I've already recommended them to my aunt too =) I've also noticed my back window has small air pockets too =(

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would go back. I've made a shop retint my entire car due to bubbling.

I finally found a guy that is incredible. He removes the entire door panel and tints the whole window. He also gets SO close to the edge of the glass that you almost can't tell it's aftermarket. There were only 2 water bubbles that needed to dry out but he said that I could roll down the windows immediately if I wanted because it was a 90+ degree day. He also only charged 160.

I think I've been spoiled :D.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would go back. I've made a shop retint my entire car due to bubbling.

I finally found a guy that is incredible. He removes the entire door panel and tints the whole window. He also gets SO close to the edge of the glass that you almost can't tell it's aftermarket. There were only 2 water bubbles that needed to dry out but he said that I could roll down the windows immediately if I wanted because it was a 90+ degree day. He also only charged 160.

I think I've been spoiled :D.

same here i found one place and wont ever change where i got or send people to get their cars done except i paid 120 cash :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wouldn't "complain" as much as i'd take my car back and say "hey, here's some noticeable air bubbles, so i think this has to be re-done"......if they say "alright, let's book an appointment" then everything is good. I find this a much better approach then going in saying "you guys suck at tinting, i'm telling everyone never to get tinting done here and i'm going to the media unless you completely replace all my tint, my brothers tint, my fathers tint, my mother's tint and her tuesday night bingo partner's tint".

It's a lifetime warranty...shouldn't be a problem

im getting mine done today as a matter of a fact at a place called shades of gray here in philly. this is all these people do, its only 180 for all windows but but hes ^^^^^ right, go about it that way and let them know, im sure they would have no problem fixing it. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah I got bubbles in my tint gotta take it back this week.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
...I finally found a guy that is incredible. He removes the entire door panel and tints the whole window. He also gets SO close to the edge of the glass that you almost can't tell it's aftermarket...
Tsunami you seem more excited about this "guy" than you do about your tint ;)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
and yeah- for 200 dollars- i would have expected a much high quality of install....
i got my car limo tinted all around w/the windshield strip for 120.... and have found 1 or 2 tiny tiny flaws that if you are washing the car you would notice- but otherwise- never would see........and from that picture- those are the sorts of things that will be noticable even when not washing the car

·
Registered
358 Posts
Had the same problem here my friend, took it to the shop and explained how it bug me so much. They did it immediately without complaints.

·
Registered
475 Posts
go get it redone!! if u not happy with the service and cashing out 200 is a lot for tints...i got mine done for 150...and its limo tints...came out excellent..no bubbles or anything...he does it for celebrities

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
When I got mine done cost me about $220 for the high grade stuff and they got it right first time with 1 dust spot that I didn't even notice until like a month later. I'm watching it and if it get's worse I'll have em redo it, they like me there since I get most of my car work done there anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts