Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has less than 1000 miles on it, 980 actually and I was wondering if it'd hurt it later on down the road to modify so early, I want to do the throttle pedal mod and stock SRI mod tomorrow but I'm a little hesitant, Ive done 1 oil change at 750 and will do another at 2000 than routinely at 3k to 4k afterward any thoughts please?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I did a custom SRI and the "throttle pedal mod" and I don't think I've hit 2000 miles. you won't hurt the car unless you do something crazy like add nitrous right away or turbocharge it. Besides you can always attack suspension mods, wheels and tires (always good to have summer wheels/tires and winter wheels/tires). If you can find a shop with skilled tuners nearby, wait til you get some real mileage on it and have it tuned or have some custom work done. Really, I'd leave the car alone other than simple bolt-ons for now, get a good year out of it and see what tendencies/problems you run into first. That's how I'm playing it anyway... might try out some 100 Octane for fun to see if it gets a bit more pep...

·
Registered
265 Posts
i think lowering it will be the biggest cosmetic mod that is ample in the suspension mod department... so, just do that lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I chose those two mods because they are cheap, wheels and tires are scheduled when the money comes for that, but the throttle mod doesn't really mess with anything so long as voltage is correct, right?
And the SRI mod is super simple to reverse if need be so I guess I'm wondering if because the internals are so fresh can these mods even affect the car negatively or permanently, seems if I had any issues immediately I could just go back to stock parameters and intake

And cosmetically I have HIDS and swithbacks in the mail

I have to ask, have any of you got the RPMs up a little during the break in period, I've had mine up around 5 or 6k a few times already, how can this adversely affect the engine?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I chose those two mods because they are cheap, wheels and tires are scheduled when the money comes for that, but the throttle mod doesn't really mess with anything so long as voltage is correct, right?
And the SRI mod is super simple to reverse if need be so I guess I'm wondering if because the internals are so fresh can these mods even affect the car negatively or permanently, seems if I had any issues immediately I could just go back to stock parameters and intake

And cosmetically I have HIDS and swithbacks in the mail

I have to ask, have any of you got the RPMs up a little during the break in period, I've had mine up around 5 or 6k a few times already, how can this adversely affect the engine?
I've had the RPMs up in that vicinity within the first 100 miles (not on purpose). There are two (or three) trains of thought regarding break-in procedures (break it in hard, go easy on the first ~600 miles, or break it in the way you will drive it) and there's been much debate about which one is right. I say don't worry too much about hitting 5 or 6k in the break in period... people like crock89 have shown that these engines can take a pretty hard beating before they break (his broke due to a combination of red-lining, "150 shot" of NOS, and advanced the timing). At the same time, treat your engine nicely, don't beat the crap out of it by redlining it consistently.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for that, I was thinking break it in nicely with a variation in speed,RpMs, etc. I mean if this cars weren't meant to rev in that range the redline would be alot lower I assume, lookin forward to my air filter mod today, and I basically am breaking her in how I'd drive normally, just a little lighter and less frequently above the 4 k range

1 - 7 of 7 Posts