Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see any Kias involved in racing in North America.

I see them in rallies, off-road racing, and the touring sedan series in Europe and Australia, but not in my home market.

Toyota and Honda certainly have visible competition programs from Indycar to Grand Prix racing -- Toyota is even heavily involved in Nascar.

Wouldn't Kia's brand image and visibility be elevated with such a showing? Wouldn't it show that the car maker has left the second string of car companies and joined the Big Boys with the guts and technical expertise to run with the established players?

Imagine if a Kia engineered engine was entered into the Indy 500, or if a faux Stinger ran on a Nascar track? Wouldn't the company gain respect it doesn't now have? A Kia racing a Ferrari would definitely change Kia's brand image.

· Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,767 Posts

· Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,767 Posts
I never knew Kia ever raced.
The local Kia dealership had race banners displayed and I got a big banner of the #10 Koup and had it hanging on my garage wall until it deteriorated, and I had to throw it away. Kinetic partnered with Kia to sell performance parts through the dealerships but I don't think they sold well because no one seemed to know about it. My local dealer's parts department didn't sell a single item. The dealership in Tallahassee FL had a 2018 Optima SX turbo loaded with the Kinetic parts on the showroom floor...someone bought it that way.

· Registered
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
266 Posts
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see any Kias involved in racing in North America.

I see them in rallies, off-road racing, and the touring sedan series in Europe and Australia, but not in my home market.

Toyota and Honda certainly have visible competition programs from Indycar to Grand Prix racing -- Toyota is even heavily involved in Nascar.

Wouldn't Kia's brand image and visibility be elevated with such a showing? Wouldn't it show that the car maker has left the second string of car companies and joined the Big Boys with the guts and technical expertise to run with the established players?

Imagine if a Kia engineered engine was entered into the Indy 500, or if a faux Stinger ran on a Nascar track? Wouldn't the company gain respect it doesn't now have? A Kia racing a Ferrari would definitely change Kia's brand image.
There is this Forte ...
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Puerto Rico has this Forte GT on local racing clubs.

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

Attachments

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,866 Posts
Reactions: ZiggyM5
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.