Kia Forte Forum banner

FOTM: Should the Sedan & 5-Doors be in one contest?

• Yes, they are both lamer than the Koups, put them in one category.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No, obviously every body style is a unique snowflake and each need its own category.

Votes: 16 72.7%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
sounds good, but yet we should anticipate the 5's growth, and in due time it could hold it's own.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I'd say untill they get alot of votes, they should be in the same category. Looking back over the last year, Sedans have had way fewer submissions than koup, so adding the 5's there would up the competition a little bit and up the number of votes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Lamer than the Koups? I'll ignore that as at least the other two don't look like they are riding on the Si and tC's style .... and each car should be combined into one, like any other site/forum. Contest should not be based on who has the best pics or who keeps their car clean the best but real modifications whether it's all go, all show, or a good mix of both... I'd vote for a primered out sedan with over the top engine and suspension mods before I voted for a clean koup with new rims....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ill too ignore the shot at sedans, everyone has a different taste. Sad this comment came from one of this sites Admin. Oh well. Doesnt hurt me one bit. but in a way kinda starts having people take sides....Congrats!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Ill too ignore the shot at sedans, everyone has a different taste. Sad this comment came from one of this sites Admin. Oh well. Doesnt hurt me one bit. but in a way kinda starts having people take sides....Congrats!

Don't worry about it. The Koup owners are just upset their cars are so ugly that they try and disfigure themselves more with creases. :p

·
Registered
536 Posts
Don't worry about it. The Koup owners are just upset their cars are so ugly that they try and disfigure themselves more with creases. :p
Haha...WOW!!! I have to admit that is very poor wording for the administrators of this site. Both the Koup and Sedan are very unique cars, each with there own pros and cons. However we all share the KIA name and we should be supporting each other. We face enough criticism from all the others, we don't need it here!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yep I agree, Oh well. Lk Ive said, the Koup is nice car so is the Sedan and 5 door.... Know why they make 3 versions of the same car? Because everyone has a different Taste!!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I like apsects of each version of the Forte and I have my dislikes for each version of the Forte, my Koup included. Even though the sedan and the five door are nothing alike, I think maybe they should be combined into one FOTM. Last month a completely stock five door won by default because there was not a single other submission and that's not a very fun way to win at all. Until we can get more submissions for both categories, we should combine so there's at least a little competition.

As far as the comment in the poll vote goes, yeah it was a little bit of a cheap shot but I really don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

And lastly, as far as why someone would vote for one particular car over another, some members may not be able to mod as often as other members here because of financial reasons, time constraints, mechanical expertise, etc. But if there's a member with a thousand mods that takes a crappy picture in a crowded parking lot with their 2.0 megapixel camera phone vs. a member who only has a few mods but took the time to find a good location to shoot quality pictures, I'm probably gonna pick the latter every time.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I agree with SubtleStyle. I don't think ShatteredStars meant for the poll to be taken the way most of you are taking it. I doubt they were trying to bash either the 5 or the sedan. More just trying to make a friendly jest and to bring some of us Koup owners back to Earth. There are a lot of us who take immense pride in our Koup's, and that is shown simply in the number of entrants in the FOTM contest each month. Just a thought...

I think that maybe for the time being, the two should be combined simply for the sake of uping the competition. There aren't a whole lot of entries or votes being submitted on that side of the spectrum and combining them could help change that. THAT SAID, once the 5 becomes a little more popular and more entries are made, It would be expected that it should have a class of its own because it is a completely different style from that of the sedan.

That's my .02

Deuce

·
Registered
265 Posts
I still think that since it's a FORTE forum it should just be one car... the Koup will not win everytime because the people who enter usually mod their car in some way, shape, or form right? just saying, base it on time spent on the car along with time spent keeping the car as mint as possible.... when a car, no matter which submodel it is, can win being completely bone stock... that's an issue.

·
Registered
135 Posts
come oon you guys are talking like the FOTM gets like some money prize or something...ii as a sedan owner invite the 5 door to run against..especially since there are such few...way diff. cars...but like i said b4...i love competition :)...p.s. yess the whole "there lamer than the koups" issss a low blow..especially from an administrator..its called FORTEFORUMS not FORTEKOUPFORUMS...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts