Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Im not sure what the word is on any new products for the koup from either AEM or GReddy, or if anyone has tried to contact them before about the matter, but I can't wait any longer so I emailed them both. I asked AEM about any information regarding cold air and ram air intake systems + release dates for the Koup, and GReddy was asked if anything was in production / when exhaust packages would be released.

Hope they answer back soon with positive info and release dates :)

I could go turbokits.com for my intake and exhaust, but I would much rather have aem under my hood and greddy coming out the back from the cat :)

has anyone else tried to contact them before?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
AEM decided not to do a cold-air for the KOUP a long time ago... very very long time ago... Someone from the forums actually left their KOUP for about 2 weeks w/ them and didn't even get a product... If I remember correctly, the reason was because their intake design was actually causing the car to loose performance

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've actually had great results in the past with AEM products.... that's why I inquired about the intake (im actually looking for SRI not cold air)

as for GReddy, Im more less interested in a cat back exhaust system. (turbo will come later.. much later)

Since aem isn't making an intake system, is there any other options? I'm looking for SHORT RAM - any info would be great.

(trying to stay away from turbokits)

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AEM decided not to do a cold-air for the KOUP a long time ago... very very long time ago... Someone from the forums actually left their KOUP for about 2 weeks w/ them and didn't even get a product... If I remember correctly, the reason was because their intake design was actually causing the car to loose performance
do you have a source stating that they aren't making an intake system for the koup? link?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
There are a few people on here that have SRI's some have made there own and others bought it. Doing a quick search and reading a few threads will tell you a lot.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hope someone will be releasing a SRI too, dont really want CAI. Would much rather have the SRI with improved throttle response down low. even though the differences between the two in power are negligible

1 - 11 of 11 Posts