Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to make any money just can't get comfortable driving it so need to do something else.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sedan or koupe? and man if only you were in Toronto... you'd probably have a sale.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Not trying to make any money just can't get comfortable driving it so need to do something else.
No chance a seat-change would work?

Another member here had an auto shop remove some bits to make it lower (he's a big guy).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not so much the head room anymore its the way my back feels. I have the seat all the way down and it puts more pressure on my hips. The other morning I thre my back out and i know it is from sitting in the seat. I have never had back problems even when I was 50lbs heavier.

Toronto is not that far!

·
Registered
14 Posts
uh is it just me or does this sound like a rip? i dont know what you people paid for your fortes but my forte koup ex was $17,200 out the door brand new..

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I have problems getting comfortable in the seat too for some reason. Never had a problem with that in any car. Kinda weird. It's not that bad for me though and I love the rest of the car too much to get rid of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have put a rolled up towel behind my hips that have helped a little but the seats suck. Plus if I could extend the sterring wheel out it might help. I like the car I just hate hate the back pain that comes with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree the seats need more lumbar support and the steering wheel needs more telescope!

I have lower back pain when I sit for a while, so I lean the seat back more than most people to reduce this. The combination of very little lumbar support and the short telescope of the steering wheel sucks. In order to get the seat set halfway comfy my head touches the ceiling and my legs are all scrunched up so I can reach the steering wheel. I'm in the unhappy area of my hair sometimes touches the ceiling, I put my left foot on the firewall instead of the foot rest so I can almost get the steering wheel close enough, and my back only hurts a little.

My last car, an Accord, allowed enough adjustments so that I didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if anyone has any suggestions considering I'm not the only one with the back pain. Is the a way to get a differant seat angle. The front of teh see needs to come down so there is no pressure on the hips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also if any one is interested in taking over my lease they could do that too. My lease is 36,000, 36 month lease, and I pay 223.00 a month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts