Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw how the koups over seas have the nice silver/white reflectors for the headlights and instead of buying new headlights. I just went the cheap way and painted them. So what do you guys think

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well it looks OK but the ones "overseas" aren't painted silver. They are clear instead of amber in color. Problem is not you don't have side reflectors are aren't meeting DOT specs.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured it was illegal but ive been driving around the past couple of months with flat black painted reflectors and havent got in trouble with the law, and plus the paint is some what reflective so it should be fine. I also making some custom led turn siganls so i won't need that reflector

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will do

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have been trying to get something done with these headlights for awhile now and dont know what to do. Projectors would be obvious but don't like how the round projectors look in a square housing.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been trying to get something done with these headlights for awhile now and dont know what to do. Projectors would be obvious but don't like how the round projectors look in a square housing.
ya i know theres not much that can be done with the headlights, the projectors do look weird, they need to be installed with the low beem reflectors just to make it flow better

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I been thinking about ordering some spare headlights and just go at them with a few ideas and see what happens.
I was checking out eBay yesterday and there are a ton of headlights for sale. I think one pair was going for $175 and they had some singles going for around $50.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Since we have the mirror turn signals, would you really get pulled over for that? If I were a cop I'd say "eh" unless I was having a bad day and wanted to be mean hahah

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Actually, I really like this. I was gonna do something like this, but I just can't seem to be able to crack open my headlights... So i went a different route.

Keep it up. And if you like it, that's all that matters dude :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.