Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 gt2
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right off the bat... this is not to be compared to a multi piston, floating rotor, brembo caliper, carbon cross drilled , slotted, diamond encrusted, $10,000 brake upgrade...
This looks factory, nobody will notice, it drives perfectly normal but gives me just a tad more if i feel like throwing the car around a bit..
I removed the dust shields, brembo stock replacement 2022 Veloster N (PP) 13.6 rotors.. a pair of Titan 3mm wheel shims machined down to fit inside the rotor. The rotor and shim bolted to hub with the two factory Phillips assembly screws. The calipers and brackets are 2022 sonata N night edition painted factory boring silver (red from factory) and 2021 K5 brake lines.
looks bone stock unless you compare to another forte.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2023 Forte GT 6spd
149 Posts
Nice job on the model sharing. Did you do all the research to figure this out. I did this once about 20yrs ago with Tiburon parts on the Elantra. Suspension and big brakes. Finally settled on cryotreated rotors to eliminate the brake rotor warping associated with high speed braking.

·
Registered
2022 gt2
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job on the model sharing. Did you do all the research to figure this out. I did this once about 20yrs ago with Tiburon parts on the Elantra. Suspension and big brakes. Finally settled on cryotreated rotors to eliminate the brake rotor warping associated with high speed braking.
The Veloster rotors are a norm for swaps.. the only thing I did based on my own pea-brain calculations were the large sonata calipers .. they bolted right up but the bracket sets offset 4mm to the rotor (3mm shim is good enough to correct this) also the factory forte brake hoses could have worked but there is no way to lock them to the sonata calipers to keep them from spinning loose if they got tugged. The k5 hoses correct this issue.

·
Registered
2022 gt2
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks really good. Would that setup fit inside the factory 18" wheels?
Yes...with 12mm spacers ..this was when I was doing mock-ups
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts