Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First I'd like to say that I'm new to the Forum and have been the owner of a White EX for 8 days now (purchased on Memorial day which was a Monday). So far I've been pretty happy with the car but I've had problems with (just) the Sirius radio ever since I bought it.

The very first day the free 3 month deal was activated and everything was good to go, UNTIL the very next day in which it stopped working altogether. I called Sirius and had them "ping it" with a signal and it worked UNTIL Wednesday, called Sirius again and resent the signal and worked good UNTIL Thursday (at this point I'm getting irritated thinking it was Sirius' service that was the problem), so I called again and had them resend the signal and it worked UNTIL Friday morning (Now I'm pissed). On this day I turned it on and the receiver simply said "Sirius Loading". I turned it off and on several times but got nothing. I called Sirius after work to see if they could help but they couldn't detect reception from the radio itself. So as I was already heading home for the day and the dealership was on the way I stopped in and told the service department what was going on and they said bring it in sometime next week and they'd take a look at it.

Well that was today and when I picked it up the manager told me that the technicians couldn't fix the radio and that they'd have to order a new one and would call me when they got it in to have it replaced. Good deal.

So my question is: Has anyone else had a problem with their Sirius portion of their radio? (The AM/FM portion works great) Hopefully they fix the issue...... I'll keep you guys updated here either way. Rant off. :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
no problems yet first month going strong.

I did here somebody had a issue with there antenna and first the dealer replaced there radio before finding out it was the antennas fault maybe you should ask them to replace the antenna perhaps it has a short there?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no problems yet first month going strong.

I did here somebody had a issue with there antenna and first the dealer replaced there radio before finding out it was the antennas fault maybe you should ask them to replace the antenna perhaps it has a short there?
Thanks for the heads up on that. One would think that the technicians would check things like that first anyway. I'm not gonna complain about a new radio though. :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
i am bumbed mine will turn off later this month and i will be forced to use the f.m. radio and thank god i have a mp3 to use!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Your welcome diggs..
ooh forte koup don't get bumbed out yet I here some guys have been running there free 3 months for over 6 months or longer.. so maybe you and I will be in that lucky group? I hope so cause I'd miss it too after having it its so nice to have so much music at your finger tips and no adds

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to update this thread.....I got my new Sirius radio installed today and it's working like a champ.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
cool diggs glad to hear they got it fixed up! its nice to have I'm going to really miss it if if or when they turn it off..
sorry Koup thats a bum deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.