Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm enjoying this feature and think i'll subscribe when the freebie expires , anybody else feel it's worth while ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
A friend of mine turned them down for $13/month, they called back a week later for $48 for a six month package.

I'm finding the quality of Sirius to sound like 64 bit MP3, my iPod in comparison sounds full.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of mine turned them down for $13/month, they called back a week later for $48 for a six month package.

I'm finding the quality of Sirius to sound like 64 bit MP3, my iPod in comparison sounds full.
Good info , thanks for the reply . I'll have to round up a cable .

·
Registered
30 Posts
i drive tractor trailer overnight, i have sirius in my truck and listen to it all night. i've had it for 4yrs. it's absolutely priceless at work, not sure if i'm gonna pay for it in the car yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased the lifetime subscription when I had a different vehicle. You are allowed 5 vehicle trades to aftermarket decks, BUT... I believe there is only 1 trade allowed when it comes to factory decks. I am not sure why. So, once I activate Sirius on my Forte (when the freebie expires), I will be locked into that car and it will be sold with the car... At least that is my understanding with the lifetime subscription. I paid $399 for it. My wife has the same subscription on her Ford Explorer ('06).

·
Registered
298 Posts
I will be keeping it!

I like how car company's offer a free trial. If they didn't i wouldn't buy one on a chance that i might like it.

Between my Ipod & Sirius I'll never listen to local radio again.

Plus the Jason Ellis Radio Show on the faction channel is so good! as they say he makes Howard Stern look like Mother Teresa LOL

And the clarity is unreal! :cool:

I'll most likely get the mostly Music package

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey Black SX--then remove that AM/FM Fallic mast. Use some black touch up on the threads and the hole disappears! I did it to mine and others on the board have called it a shark Fin replacement. :)

BTW: I still get great FM reception when I tried it. That won't work as well out of the city but like you said--with Sirius who needs locals.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am Keeping it I love the vast choices in stations, and it is crystal clear in my area

·
Registered
593 Posts
If you pay for it, ask them for a year deal and only accept one that is around $90/year. It will take a little while for them to offer it but at some point they should (or call back and do it again until it's offered). Sirius is a _terrible_ company when it comes to price. They try to screw customers over with higher prices and wait for them to haggle the price down.

I have had Sat radio in my vehicle's for about 15 years now. I just can't go back to FM. I dropped it in my truck as I don't drive it that much and I added an aftermarket radio where I can stream Pandora (and it would cost another $150 to add the sat radio hardware). I think the sound quality is on par with a CD. It's very nice to be able to listen to a certain channel no matter where you are. Also, I think the programming is very good, that is, it's nice to be able to pick many different types of music channels and only listen to that type of programming. Is it worth $7/month? Yes. Is it worth $14/month? No.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had it in my previous car and it was GREAT. Between this, IPOD and Pandora you should be set!

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have it in my Honda Pilot EXL and love it... i hate talk shows and that is all that is on in the mornings so it is worth it to me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
let it expire...

If you pay for it, ask them for a year deal and only accept one that is around $90/year.
if you let it expire you'll be receiving offers in the mail from them...i just received my second offer for $25 for 6 months. and no reactivation fee. think i'll take it:smile:

·
Registered
640 Posts
if you let it expire you'll be receiving offers in the mail from them...i just received my second offer for $25 for 6 months. and no reactivation fee. think i'll take it:smile:
I just got the same offer, just make sure you cancel it during the 6th month because if you dont they will change you the full amount after the 6th month.

Read the fine print if you have not already :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you pay for it, ask them for a year deal and only accept one that is around $90/year. It will take a little while for them to offer it but at some point they should (or call back and do it again until it's offered). Sirius is a _terrible_ company when it comes to price. They try to screw customers over with higher prices and wait for them to haggle the price down.

I have had Sat radio in my vehicle's for about 15 years now. I just can't go back to FM. I dropped it in my truck as I don't drive it that much and I added an aftermarket radio where I can stream Pandora (and it would cost another $150 to add the sat radio hardware). I think the sound quality is on par with a CD. It's very nice to be able to listen to a certain channel no matter where you are. Also, I think the programming is very good, that is, it's nice to be able to pick many different types of music channels and only listen to that type of programming. Is it worth $7/month? Yes. Is it worth $14/month? No.

90 a year isn't good. They give me 25 for 6 months everytime I call the day before renewal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts