Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Is the price tag just for one pair though? I like that you can get them in black, but RRM has slotted rotors for almost half that price. For the front and rear.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Sorry KnightRider, should've specified, but as ForteSX mentioned, it's Road Race Motorsports. Check out there site, they have a few nice goodies for us. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
brakes like these are only really necessary if you are putting your car in a show or if you have a fast car and need to stop quickly... doesn't mean your car has to weight 5000lbs lol...i'm sure our OEM brakes would not appreciate us hitting them at 140mph..

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have had to do some hard braking when I was racing around a track and the brakes felt weak, but there was a lot of high speed braking and they were getting pretty hot. I was worried about warping them and have been thinking of getting something better.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I have had to do some hard braking when I was racing around a track and the brakes felt weak, but there was a lot of high speed braking and they were getting pretty hot. I was worried about warping them and have been thinking of getting something better.
I'd say higher temp fluid and SS braided lines first then pads and rotors. The best upgrade for any car street or track would be lighter wheels and better tires. Youd be surprised by how much better a car turns and stops with light weight wheels.

·
Registered
695 Posts
already have lighter wheels, tires still need to be worked on. Havent found any affordable brake lines. Brake fluid would be a cheap start.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would also get pads before rotors, as a pad material will do a lot more than a slotted rotor. I had a lot of success with just changing out the pad on most of my cars, the only one that needed upgraded rotors is the Turbo SX4, but I was also accelerating and cornering harder in it than any other car I have owned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts