Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Does anyone notice a slight amount of sluggishness or speed drop off in the 3-4k rpm range?

Ive been trying to launch the car more successfully but it seems to want to force me into 2nd gear so early, so im wondering if there is something wrong with my car or if the first gear is really that short.

If it is, how do you all deal with it when you wanna gun it? :p

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Hey all

Does anyone notice a slight amount of sluggishness or speed drop off in the 3-4k rpm range?

Ive been trying to launch the car more successfully but it seems to want to force me into 2nd gear so early, so im wondering if there is something wrong with my car or if the first gear is really that short.

I've noticed the same thing as well but on all gears, almost feels like the revs are limited for a slight second...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.. if i floor it in first the car doesnt right away.. and then i lose power after 3 seconds.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It seems to be a computer related "problem".

There's an obvious lag, and I hate it. It makes the car slow as shit. It should be faster than it is...

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,880 Posts
Hey all

Ok, I gotta ask this question: What are your engine RPMS when you shift? If you're talking about the 6 speed -- the 1st gear ratio combined with the low final gear means you run out of first gear REAL FAST!!!! The 6 speed has 2 final drive gears -- 1-2 speeds use the Lower (higher numerical) final drive, while 3-6 use the higher (Lower numerical) final drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts