Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found these stem caps at Autozone. I bought the black ones for like 2 dollars. I love how they look on my wheel especialy since the caps are silver over the black portion of the rim. With these caps you can barely notice they are even there. Addin to the clean look.

I am picky about looks so it fit me:

Tire Valve Stem Cap | AutoZone.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a set of these because the green plastic ones that came with the car broke (I think I overtightened them). They don't stay black for long. A few drives in wet weather, and the paint comes right off.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I bought a set of these because the green plastic ones that came with the car broke (I think I overtightened them). They don't stay black for long. A few drives in wet weather, and the paint comes right off.
They are anodized not painted. The color shouldn't come off unless you manage to chip the metal.

·
Registered
519 Posts
idk if u are aware but the green valve stem means that ur tires are filled with nitrogen not air.... it its supposed to keep mositure out of the inside of your rims that cause rust and is supposed to keep them inflated longer.... but when they need to be inflated u gotta find a nitrogen pump...

·
Registered
427 Posts
I found these stem caps at Autozone. I bought the black ones for like 2 dollars. I love how they look on my wheel especialy since the caps are silver over the black portion of the rim. With these caps you can barely notice they are even there. Addin to the clean look.

What tire shine do you use?

·
Registered
427 Posts

And why does everyone have the "KOUP" caps.. and where do you get them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
idk if u are aware but the green valve stem means that ur tires are filled with nitrogen not air.... it its supposed to keep mositure out of the inside of your rims that cause rust and is supposed to keep them inflated longer.... but when they need to be inflated u gotta find a nitrogen pump...
My dealer made it a point to show me my "blue" valve stem caps which signify nitrogen. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a universal color or if they just choose at random.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
hmmm,i've got nitrogen and my valve stems are chrome metal (not the typical rubber stems) the caps are a metal w/a pearl like instert

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
y'all are confusing me...........
all this talk about green/blue/black...

lets get the definitions squared away-

1)valve stems- thats the part that comes out of the wheel and points to the sky
2)caps- thats the thing that screws down on #1

nitrogen filled tires.......

as far as i know- any one with a tank of nitrogen- can fill any tire with any stem.

as far as i know- there is no "color" coding of the stems nor the caps to indicate that you have nitrogen in your wheels.

and as far as i know
if you have nitrogen in your wheels......and your TPS comes on-
you can stop at any gas station with an air pump......and regulate your air....

lol and ryude- you said it all when you mentioned your dealer.......
after all- my dealer kept pointing out the ECO light.....on my 6sp koup SX.............

·
Registered
519 Posts
idk maybe i was wrong but when i got mine filled thats what the guy told me

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What tire shine do you use?
Armor all tire spray. It's amazing. I read the instructions on them and applied two coats as it mentioned and they stay shining for at least a week. Usually go through one bottle every two months.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And why does everyone have the "KOUP" caps.. and where do you get them.
The caps are really good value/ quality. And the person I purchased through, off an ebay link posted somewhere in these forums, is very reliable and also sold me the K emblems. I feel the KOUP caps add a little extra to the wheels without changing the rims.

I also removed all the emblems from the car so exposing just the KOUP on the caps helps me remember just how special I am for owning such an amazing vehicle.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Then I've got something funky going on with mine, because they look like this now:

Wow ! That stinks....
I might throw a coat of Nightshades on them to make sure that doesn't happen to me. I have been going crazy with that can of Nightshades. I tinted the K emblem the other day with it... haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.