Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly does Smart Drive mode do on the 2019 S? I can't tell the difference between Normal and Smart drive modes. Smart drive shows the display switch between Eco-Normal-Sport, so is the car behaving differently when Eco is showing? I haven't done too much testing to discern the intended performance. When do you drive in Smart over Normal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
the difference of normal and smart explained to me by my technician at kia was " normal is intended to stay running the vechiles rpms to a certain level each gear shift as you accelerate and slow down. Now smart mode is intented to adjust the level of rpm shifts to how you are driving for example more aggressive (sport) holds the gear longer and allowing to reach a higher rpm and eco keeps the rpms low allowing for more fuel efficiency".

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use all three modes, often. In morning traffic, I feel safer, because of my more aggressive bias, in Sport Mode. If a problem is occurring, I like to quickly accelerate if possible. I could be wrong about this.. I could be in Eco Mode, and I suppose I could use the accelerator to drop to lower gear, but it seems to me ( I am not a mechanic) it is safer, to be in Sport mode when I feel I may suddenly have to change lanes , or accelerate, to avoid a collision.

I use Eco, where there are less cars.
Normal mode is occasionally used.
If going up a hill I prefer Sport Mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Favorablejohn
Kia Forte Forum
Forte Forums are where you can talk about the latest Kia sedans including the Kia Forte5 and Kia Forte Koup.
Full Forum Listing