Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to install my fog tomorow and I have some windows tint that I have left so maybe I could cover them!

My problem is that I don't know what % of tint to use. I have 50%(light) and 20%(dark). Should I keep stock?
Give me your opinion.

I have HID for the fogs so the lighting problem is not a issue for me... My car is black with the black grill

Some pics I took ...

2,213 Posts
is window tint weather resistant? if you go to headlightarmor.com they actually sell pre-cut vinyl for the fogs, and its pretty thick too. i have them on mine but in yellow. im pretty sure they come in smoked

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YA, the second pic for the 20% had a big spot light facing it, that's why it looks less dark. I think I will keep it stock but I'm still not sure :p

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
it'll look weird if you dont do the headlights. IMO, the only color tint that looks good on fog lights only is yellow. i think it'll look weird if you smoke the fogs but leave the headlights the same. i would go with the second picture but also do the headlights. but thats just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
So you spent money to have HIDs and then you want to reduce the light output? I understand the aesthetic but not the logic, so stock (none). And remember you asked for opinions...

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
You're better off using a spray tint on exterior applications. You can also control the amount of tint applied to get it right where you want it.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Try rvinyl.com that's what i used for my tails... and they are working great. Though I just bought a film and wrapped it around and cut off the excess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts