Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So i am completely new at this. This is my first brand new car so i wanna have a little fun with it. I was thinking about getting my tail lights smoked but would really like some input because like i said im new to all of this and have never done anything to any of my other cars. so any advice would be great. Thanks! =)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
There are 2 ways to smoke your tailights. One is permanent the other in my opinion is better.

Number 1: VHT Nightshades spray tint
Number 2: Transparent Vinyl stickers

I personally have done number 2. If you have any question feel free to ask. A search on tinted or smoked tailights in the forums will turn up a few results.

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used nightshade on my 2002 dodge intrepid awhile ago. Many say it is permanent, but if you use some paint thinner/remover it comes right off and makes your tail lights look new again :D

make sure you take the lights out of the car if you decide to use night shade and keep putting coats of paint on until you are satisfied with the tint. Do not go too dark though otherwise you'll get pulled over for the lights not being visible enough.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm interested in the vinyl stickers too... Where can we get those?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The vinyl stickers are hand cut when applied. Any graphics shop that can order the material should be able to do it for you. If not here is a link to order the vinyl yourself:

Shinzo Online Store - Lens Film

·
Registered
167 Posts
What are your opinions on lamin-x tint film? I'm leaning towards these since its easily reversible.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
the lens film I linked to is easily reversible as well, as for lamin-x no opinion have not looked into it. Sorry.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just did mine with the Spray. It was easy and looks really good. Check my album for pictures.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm looking into the Shinzo, thanks FEARtheFOX :)

I know that that spray paint can be removed but I'm just a little bit hesitant because of the fact my sx is a lease, and I don't think my father would be too happy about anything "paint" near this car.

But tint film is better than nothing. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
You should call up your local auto tinting shop. They should be able to do them for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts