Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my Koup one of the first things i ordered was the K badges. However after reading about the various quality complaints about them on these boards i decided to go a different route.

M&S has been around for years as a company that makes high end body kits for various korean cars so i started to look around there. After searching a couple of websites i found some M&S emblems that had the exact same dimensions as the stock badges for the Koup. Just by looking at them i think the quality is better already. Only time will tell though if these have the same chrome issues that the K ones do.

Anyway here are some pics. Not the greatest as it was done with a cell phone.

Hood/Trunk

Steering Wheel

Cool thing to note about the steering wheel one is it comes arched just like the K badge one for going over the kia emblem. However it also comes with another flat 3m piece to use if you remove the kia emblem itself. You can kinda see it in this pic. This way you have a full flat surface to work with should you so choose when installing the M&S emblem. I removed the stock kia emblem and found that overall the flat piece wasn't needed for our cars so i didn't use it. Still a nice touch though just in case you have a car that might need such a thing.

Wheel Installed

Rear Installed

Crappy pic but had to take it on the fly since i had to move my car lol.

In hand

Just more of a close up shot.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I haven't had any problems with the chrome on my K badges but the M&S badges you have do look a little better made. I plan on getting rid of the K badges anyway because too many people have looked at it and thought it was a Lexus symbol. Think I'm gonna go with the "Koup" badges.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The logo is sick.. but I just wouldn't want people confusing my car for an Infinity.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Why cant they make a badge where no one can confuse it for another make, ie lexus or Infinity. I have the K badges and no one has even mentioned it looked like a lexus badge. I might need to hang out with a better crowd who have actually seen a lexus before to compare. ha

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Yea i got asked if i was driving a lexus with the K badge on and i just laughed and said does that look like an L lol newbs

·
Registered
202 Posts
crzykoup I agree with you, I would get those for mine too, I seen the ones that light up, those look intresting too but I don't what to mess with the electrical yet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it a steaker or a real badge ? Please if you know where is possible to buy it....
Got it from koreanautoimports.com

They are emblems (real badge) and not stickers. There are 3 different types that fit the Koup and you want it in the medium size. They are Carbon Fiber, Black Edition and Gloss Black. I ended up going with the Gloss Black.

·
Registered
526 Posts
When i bought my Koup one of the first things i ordered was the K badges. However after reading about the various quality complaints about them on these boards i decided to go a different route.

M&S has been around for years as a company that makes high end body kits for various korean cars so i started to look around there. After searching a couple of websites i found some M&S emblems that had the exact same dimensions as the stock badges for the Koup. Just by looking at them i think the quality is better already. Only time will tell though if these have the same chrome issues that the K ones do.

Anyway here are some pics. Not the greatest as it was done with a cell phone.

Hood/Trunk

Steering Wheel

Cool thing to note about the steering wheel one is it comes arched just like the K badge one for going over the kia emblem. However it also comes with another flat 3m piece to use if you remove the kia emblem itself. You can kinda see it in this pic. This way you have a full flat surface to work with should you so choose when installing the M&S emblem. I removed the stock kia emblem and found that overall the flat piece wasn't needed for our cars so i didn't use it. Still a nice touch though just in case you have a car that might need such a thing.

Wheel Installed

Rear Installed

Crappy pic but had to take it on the fly since i had to move my car lol.

In hand

Just more of a close up shot.

Hey...just an update. I'm not 100% sure but I think that emblem is for Mazda.:eek: I saw a Mazda 6 today sporting those same emblems! They might just be universal so you could put them on whatever you want...but until I knew for sure I wouldn't be putting a Mazda badge on a Kia :cool:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey...just an update. I'm not 100% sure but I think that emblem is for Mazda.:eek: I saw a Mazda 6 today sporting those same emblems! They might just be universal so you could put them on whatever you want...but until I knew for sure I wouldn't be putting a Mazda badge on a Kia :cool:
I did a google search for Mazda emblems and found a very similar one that somebody designed- but it wasn't the one I saw on the Mazda 6 today- that one was definitely the same emblem that you have.http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...org.mozilla:en-US:official&ndsp=20&tbs=isch:1

·
Premium Member
295 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hehe ya. Wonder if that guy who made the design for that Mazda one got the idea from M&S Car Art. Anyway in case you guys are curious here is a link to the M&S website below. They have been doing custom body kits and various other things for hyundai and kia for years.

Try not to drool to much though. Most items you can't get shipped to the U.S. for some reason and the kits you can are gonna run you a minimum of 2k+ unpainted. http://www.mscarart.com/default/

Examples.

K7

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
K7 Carbon Fiber Project

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hehe ya. Wonder if that guy who made the design for that Mazda one got the idea from M&S Car Art.
Yeah...maybe. And maybe the Mazda I saw today got the badge from M&S also because it is a pretty cool M! Nice site too Flash, they have some goodies there!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts