Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I see a lot of people on here have put magnaflow mufflers on their cars. What I'd like to know is why magnaflow was chosen over let's say borla or flowmaster?

I was kind of leaning toward borla, but would like to here the opinion of the forte faithful.

Thanks

·
Registered
708 Posts
i'd go with borla..mangaflow has been having issues with breaking down quickly as of late it seems

also IMO borlas have a nicers (smoother and deeper) sound

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
i went my own weird route... and i got a cherry bomb! Lmao, its too intense for words man..

·
Registered
587 Posts
I went with the magnaflow cuz it was cost efficient for me to get the results I wanted.

Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't think we have seen any videos with the Cherry bomb or the Borla on our cars. I would like to hear what they sound like.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The cherry bomb takes FOREVER to work in... I didn't like it at all AT FIRST. But now... I absolutely love it!! I don't know why I didn't do this before!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Where is your start-up and drive by vids fas93? Need to demonstrate some looks and sounds of that ride.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The cherry bomb takes FOREVER to work in... I didn't like it at all AT FIRST. But now... I absolutely love it!! I don't know why I didn't do this before!
I want to hear your car and Aidens car at a meet some time. I want to change the exhaust eventually but can't decide how I want to go.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I want to hear your car and Aidens car at a meet some time. I want to change the exhaust eventually but can't decide how I want to go.
Aiden put up some vids that his sister helped him with in another thread unlike some people cough*fas93*cough

·
Registered
139 Posts
Aiden put up some vids that his sister helped him with in another thread unlike some people cough*fas93*cough
I heard those. They sound good, but I would still like to hear his up close. The real thing always sounds different.

I did really enjoy the music for the third video. I think that is what so many videos lack now days, the proper soundtrack.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I know, my family isn't too proud of my car savvyness and they would never volunteer for to help with a vid... OH OH i know! I'll get buddy at the car shop to do it!!!

yeah i'll be in austin during the winter... we'll have to see! But if you want a subtle exhaust... don't go with mine! Its CRAZY loud. I love the sound though.. its grown on me so much.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I want to know when some full exhaust systems are gonna start appearing. Mufflers are good and all, but I want HP and sound!! I know TK has a cat back, anyone know of any other ones??

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I want to know when some full exhaust systems are gonna start appearing. Mufflers are good and all, but I want HP and sound!! I know TK has a cat back, anyone know of any other ones??
Completely agreed. I want a dual exhaust... it looks so SICK! And its so easy to just cut out the diffuser to put the second tip in.... and it looks flawless.

I know a bunch of korean ppl make plenty of full exhausts..

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
there's the 7ism dual exhaust thats out and i think its 899. idk about shipping or tax tho
and yes my sisters ADD kicked in on that last vid. i guess 5 minutes is too much for her :p
and i agree with meeting up. if youre in austin fas, i'd love to come up and hang with the other austin members as well as you, fas :) :) i havnt seen you in quite some time!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Weird question, but our cars don't have th extra "spot" for duel exhuast, or do they? The rear diffuser is different on the driver side than the passenger, which would make it impossible to install another set of tips? Or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Weird question, but our cars don't have th extra "spot" for duel exhuast, or do they? The rear diffuser is different on the driver side than the passenger, which would make it impossible to install another set of tips? Or am I missing something here?
The diffuser is a thin plastic. They just cut it out to match the passenger side. The exhaust piping though gets close to the tire and there is the sensor pack sitting in the way with the NA cars under the rear seat footrest.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was gonna go with the tk catback, but if I trade in my current koup if or when the turbo model comes out it'd be a waste of a lot of cash, so I'm probably gonna go borla turbo muffler. I like the sound of it on smaller engines over magnaflow, and I can probably buy it and have it installed for less then $250. Now I gotta choose a size.

Should I go 2.25 diameter and 14" long, or 2.25 and 13.25" long or should I go with a 2.5" diameter with either the 13.25" or 14"?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts