Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i wanted to have a liiiiil bit louder exhaust... WITHOUT THE ASS EFFECT!!!!

Whats gonna be my best bet? No clue what to do with exhaust on an import lol.

Ummm the Arc catback is just to loud.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I used a spin tech, lot of guys here go with magnaflow..
my spin tech sounds just like the magnaflow but alittle bit cheaper:)

anyway they give off a bit of a tone but no fart can ricer sounds!

http://www.turbokits.com has a set up and you can here what that one sounds like...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ehh Its a little ricey to me.. Im so used to the lop of a built v8 , and i hate ricey so id rather keep it quiet , but not like it is stock ya understand?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yea, I wis the ARC exhaust was more quite, the solo sounds ok though. The only problem I have with that is that is sounds real ricey when you first step on it.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm with Aiden on this one. I think the Turbokits.com setup is nice. But everyone has their preference. I do feel where you are coming from Tuner.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
It's not the exhaust that makes these cars sounds like ass...
well yes and no. yea its hard to get a nice non-ricey sound from a 2.4 and a 2l import but also if you get a POS muffler or a shoddy exhaust kit then its also going to sound like crap. from the videos ive seen, i think the turbokits.com exhaust setup is the best sounding. i just wish they would come out with a dual exhaust for the car. i'd buy in a heartbeat :D

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
Just get the quiet version of the Solo Performance -- it has a deep sound while idling, a very nice roar when accellerating, and quiets down while cruising. If you just have to have noise then you can get there LOUD version. You could even pay a little more by getting the Solo quiet version, buying the short muffler, and swapping out the mufflers when you want to be noisy...LoL! Takes all of 5 minutes to do!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thinking about just working a v8 in this here koup.... Nahhhhhh im just joking...

But really its a big change for me.. and quiet just makes me destroy the flywheel cause i will constantly try to start the car.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thinking about just working a v8 in this here koup.... Nahhhhhh im just joking...

But really its a big change for me.. and quiet just makes me destroy the flywheel cause i will constantly try to start the car.

that reminds me of my true life embarassing story- of 2nd day of ownership- sitting in parking garage people walking by looking at the car- and i re-start the car cuz i didnt think it started........like 3 times in a row- then i realized the tach showed the engine was indeed running- and this was before i got my windows limo'd- so they all could see the idiot in full glory

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Why not just buy the muffler you want from a local muffler shop have them cut out the old and weld in the new. Many people her have done that with magnaflow muffles. Total cost of the mod= muffler + install. Could be as low as $200 depending on deals.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I have the quietest Solo Kit and it's doesn't sound ricey to me.

The tone in real life does seem lower. It also get lower as the exhaust gets a nice coating of carbon.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

that was 50 percent of the reason why I changed to my new muffler..
And I too have owned alot of v8's I have a chevy with dual flow masters..

but honestly the spintech gave it enough sound you know its running but its not loud at idle, just enough to know the car is working.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I know you said exhaust but I am telling 1st hand that an aftermarket drop in pod filter will sound differnt than factory air filter.

It's not noticeable under regular driving but when you floor it - it does sound a little louder and a tiny bit more aggressive.

Some people may say this is false but I'm telling you what I hear, also this is a small difference - don't think it's night/day.

Else maybe poke a small hole in your muffler or exhuast with a drill, you'll still pass emissions if its after the cat/sensor and you'll get louder exhuast notes - it's not practical but from my understanding of what you want this is going to get the 'small change in exhaust sound'

·
Registered
123 Posts
The LFA is a 10 cylinder which runs at around 9,000 RPM, which is why it sounds like a street bike. You're not getting anything near that with our 4 cyl that redlines at 6,800.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.