Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all, I use the Armor All cleaning wipes on the interior (hard plastics and what not) but they have been leaving some streaks on the lighter gray plastics, like those on the door that are around the lock/unlock, power window buttons. Nothing major though. And I use the Armor All leather wipes on the leather parts, not sure if this is a good idea or not or what other products are out there. And for windows the rain-x cleaning/water repellent spray on the outside, and a microfiber cloth which does a pretty good job of getting rid of the streaks on the windows, and windex on the inside. I am just curious what other items/brands you guys use, and how do you guys clean the window that is hard to reach by the rear brake light? I just shove the microfiber clothe under there and hope for the best...

·
Registered
436 Posts
"Wipes" are usually shortcuts that yield sketchy results. Use a damp microfiber cloth on your dash and keep the protectants away from it.

Protectants are not what you want to use on leather. Buy a good quality leather conditioner and use as directed. Meguiars and Turtle Wax make good ones.

I use damp microfibers with a spray or two of Windex on the windows, works great for me. Microfibers that have been washed with fabric softener (liquid or sheets) or too much detergent will streak.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If your microfiber is streaking just was it again with little or no detergent and add vinegar to the rinse. The vinegar will help break down any detergent that is left so it can rinse out better.

·
Registered
427 Posts
use armor all extrashine detailing spray on the paint in between washes... just amazing!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I used to love using detailing spray, but the car attracts 10x more dust after I use it, requiring more washings. It turned out to be kinda counter-productive.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice tips on the vinegar, i appreciate it. so what is wrong with the protectants? aren't they suppose to protect? haha

·
Registered
436 Posts
It's just an opinion on my part. I think shiny protectants on modern dashboards looks like ass. They're not meant to look shiny and greasy, and nothing short of a sunshade in the windshield and tinted windows offers any REAL protection.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What I use for interior: Glass Microfiber (always wash a microfiber before first use, always wash with water only and always HANG DRY ONLY. Keep your interior and exterior microfiber towels separate.)

1. Soak a "glass" microfiber.
2. Ring it out to almost dry.
3. Wipe dash and trim down.
4. Follow up with a DRY "glass" microfiber

Works great, leaves no streaks or lint. But the dashes attract alot of lint anyway. Keep a glass microfiber in your car for up keep.'

And never use your finger to wipe anything, even if you wash your hands. You can scratch or leave oils that don't look pretty.

@corsakoup: Your right. I fell for the dealer "Platinum Protection" option for $495.00 (dollar) and all they did was leave streaks and spots everywhere. And my dash is to reflective in the sunlight and I can't see through the windshield.

Stay away from any chemicals. Oh and the same process works great on your glass. And if you every have water spots on your glass, Spray some water or glass cleaner on the glass (alot) take a #0000 Steel wool pad and lightly scrub the glass. It doesn't scratch or leave swirls and it will remove the surface water spots. Only use on glass.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I fell for the dealer "Platinum Protection" option.
thank god I wasnt the only sucker. I had full intentions on not getting their "Platinum Protection" and ended up taking it. It really confuses me when I look at the paperwork now because they "protected" the fabric in my car, but I have leather and no fabric anywhere.

Serves me right I guess for not looking at the paperwork before, live and learn

·
Registered
316 Posts
Revival of thread...i just got my koup and i love it but i'm finding it so hard to keep clean. It's a titanium EX and after i washed and waxed it i found it just attracts a lot of dust.

Is there any cure for this? Maybe just the wax i'm using...just using normal turtle wax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.