Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEll Im sure this is not the frst comparison, but Why did you choose your Kia Kia over the Civic? I have been looking at civics for about 2 months now and was about to pull the trigger on a nice 2 door EX , and then I took a stroll through the Kia lot and see a civic look alike.. It caught my eye so I drove it, and it was a nice little car. But the question is Why a Koup when Honda is the same price with the background and record of being the most reliable car on the road for nearly the exact same price?

Now by no means am I trying to argue here as I registered on this forum for a reason , which is to get info on a car that really caught my eye, and at a glance DID think it was a civic.. But why the choice to go with the Kia over the honda?

Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I did not look at the civics for a couple of reasons. I did not want to be like ever other person on the road and second I really liked the Koup. I changed from a Pontiac Grand AM 2dr GT Ram Air. So its a pretty big change for me. My wifes car is a 2001 V6 mustang. So this is much more economical and ecological for us.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
WEll Im sure this is not the frst comparison, but Why did you choose your Kia Kia over the Civic? I have been looking at civics for about 2 months now and was about to pull the trigger on a nice 2 door EX , and then I took a stroll through the Kia lot and see a civic look alike.. It caught my eye so I drove it, and it was a nice little car. But the question is Why a Koup when Honda is the same price with the background and record of being the most reliable car on the road for nearly the exact same price?

Now by no means am I trying to argue here as I registered on this forum for a reason , which is to get info on a car that really caught my eye, and at a glance DID think it was a civic.. But why the choice to go with the Kia over the honda?

Thanks everyone :)
For me... it had its own individual flair of its own. Not like the civic. Civics are seen everywhere!!! And I hated that fact... So when I saw this little coupe in its designing stages I knew I was gonna get that car. So basically because its something you don't see all the time! Its something new and refreshing! :) And i love the way the car looks period. The civic just seems so boring to me....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :) Thats all Im looking for , ... BUT.... It seems like you bought them for reasons OTHER than reliability and Mileage .. Which we all know Honda probably wont be beat on.. So you chose your cars just because theres a ton of civics everywhere? Civics and honda will always be everywhere, no matter what.. But to me it doesnt come down to being original, it comes down to , How does the car perform ( mileage , performance ) , how reliable is it , and is it fun..

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well these cars have only been on the road for a year. I have only had mine for 1.5 months. So to ask anyone about reliability maybe tough to judge. Just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well these cars have only been on the road for a year. I have only had mine for 1.5 months. So to ask anyone about reliability maybe tough to judge. Just keep that in mind.

Yea I just meant Kia as a whole.. I will admit, When I heard the name kia, I always thought Korean junk.. I just thought they were built chinsy and cheap, didnt have good motors or powertrains, and after a few years turned into rattle traps... But I "hear" Kia is trying to turn things around , and I really am willing to give it a shot.. I just need some motivation... Cuz this forum is waaayyyy to small :D so it needs to grow

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For me... it had its own individual flair of its own. Not like the civic. Civics are seen everywhere!!! And I hated that fact... So when I saw this little coupe in its designing stages I knew I was gonna get that car. So basically because its something you don't see all the time! Its something new and refreshing! :) And i love the way the car looks period. The civic just seems so boring to me....

Thanks guys AND gals ;) How rude of me ..

I lived down in San Antonio for 2 yrs , LOVED it , and wanna move back :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well actually, I love how this car takes on corners! She's nice on gas, and the warranty is something that can't be beaten! I've had my baby for a little over 6 months now.... there is nothing wrong besides the frameless windows hitting the trim a few times. A quick trip to the dealer fixed that though. I'm into modding cars though, and let me say... there is so much to do with her! Lol. She's a wonderful car, if you take good care of her. I mean a lot of times people have problems with cars because they run them down so hard so fast...

Thanks guys AND gals ;) How rude of me ..

I lived down in San Antonio for 2 yrs , LOVED it , and wanna move back :)
:D Hehehe its okay! And yeah another forum member lives in SA. Lol I love it down here in galveston :D

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
This forum is too small :confused:, this forum is for Fortes only :cool:....There are other forums for the other models in the KIA lineup. Just look at the bottom of the page and you will see more forums.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well actually, I love how this car takes on corners! She's nice on gas, and the warranty is something that can't be beaten! I've had my baby for a little over 6 months now.... there is nothing wrong besides the frameless windows hitting the trim a few times. A quick trip to the dealer fixed that though. I'm into modding cars though, and let me say... there is so much to do with her! Lol. She's a wonderful car, if you take good care of her. I mean a lot of times people have problems with cars because they run them down so hard so fast...

:D Hehehe its okay! And yeah another forum member lives in SA. Lol I love it down here in galveston :D

I was gonna say Galveston or Corpus just by the Pics you had of your car :p.. I suppose I need an ava now since Ill be in here a little more often :)

What do you get for mileage ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was looking at a Honda Fit, Mazda 3, and the Soul.
-really loved the Soul but didnt like the driving as much
-Mazda 3 was awsome driving but I see them everywhere I go and for getting a sunroof it cost too much
-the Fit was coolish, but utilitarian, it did have like 6 cupholders for the driver and passnger which was probably the only feature I liked :p

I saw the Koup and thought it was a good balance of everything I was looking for in a car. Cool, economical, lots of features, sunroof, somewhat unique, not a 'beige' car, and a solid engine. After I drove an EX I was sold, somehow I got the SX in the deal. (I dont know if they gave me a deal on the SX or just didnt know until after, when I did all the paperwork it was all EX then I got the keys to an SX and only one of my papers says SX)

Before I did all this I asked everyone I knew that had a Kia from the last 5 years, and I didnt get any bad feedback from anyone. Mostly the comment was they were getting another, or already had a second Kia

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I was gonna say Galveston or Corpus just by the Pics you had of your car :p.. I suppose I need an ava now since Ill be in here a little more often :)

What do you get for mileage ?
Ava? Lol.... and when I don't race with those other silly guys in HUGE MOFO trucks... I get usually like 29 to 33... its the same as my sister's yaris. Lol :D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
my first car was a honda civic, some years later-i had a honda accord as my 2nd car......

i only stumbled across the forte koup because of the SOUL.....
(i was looking at the speaker lights)
but- after much reading, researching, reading the stuff off the web,and reading stuff on the various forums....i realised not only had i found a car that seems to hold up for itself.......
but it really seemed to be a car that stood out from the others and just seemed to talk to me..........

further research....
i kept reading about all of this and that....
took me a good 6 months to get settled down on buying a kia...........

and after all of this...turns out that have 1 of 3 cars like mine in a county of 2.5 million folks.......
did i mention that i love my car? lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ava? Lol.... and when I don't race with those other silly guys in HUGE MOFO trucks... I get usually like 29 to 33... its the same as my sister's yaris. Lol :D

Yaris??....? Oh Man, Is there a Puke Emoticon smiley available???? yyyuck :p

is that 29-33 hwy or in town, or a little of both?

·
Registered
973 Posts
I did not choose a civic for several reasons, chief among them that I do not like honda's or honda people. "honda people" are much like "mac people" to me, they "know" that their car/computer is the best because people say it is. Mac's are pieces of Chit and I really could care less about a little torequeless honda civic. NSX? maybe. S2000? maybe. Civic/Accord/Fit/CRV? not a chance. In my mind, at least, there is a better counterpart to the honda product in every category, in every way.
And everybody has a civic. Anyone can get a civic and have no problems making it quick, to do what I want with my forte is going to be challenge, and I relish it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my first car was a honda civic, some years later-i had a honda accord as my 2nd car......

i only stumbled across the forte koup because of the SOUL.....
(i was looking at the speaker lights)
but- after much reading, researching, reading the stuff off the web,and reading stuff on the various forums....i realised not only had i found a car that seems to hold up for itself.......
but it really seemed to be a car that stood out from the others and just seemed to talk to me..........

further research....
i kept reading about all of this and that....
took me a good 6 months to get settled down on buying a kia...........

and after all of this...turns out that have 1 of 3 cars like mine in a county of 2.5 million folks.......
did i mention that i love my car? lol

Believe it or not.. I actually figured that one out on my own ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did not choose a civic for several reasons, chief among them that I do not like honda's or honda people. "honda people" are much like "mac people" to me, they "know" that their car/computer is the best because people say it is. Mac's are pieces of Chit and I really could care less about a little torequeless honda civic. NSX? maybe. S2000? maybe. Civic/Accord/Fit/CRV? not a chance. In my mind, at least, there is a better counterpart to the honda product in every category, in every way.
And everybody has a civic. Anyone can get a civic and have no problems making it quick, to do what I want with my forte is going to be challenge, and I relish it.

WEll I will agree with you on 2 things

1) Honda fanboys ( and girls ) are the worst when you try to talk down about honda , or bring up another car, and Vtec is Gods gift to cars

2) I dont like Macs either

BUT I wouldnt compare the quality of a Mac to that of a Honda.. Honda has proven they are the most reliable cars out there, and Kia is a little dog , making cchanges trying to climb that hill .. But to get past Scion/Toyota is gonna be a big step, before they can get to the level of quality and reliability in a honda.. BUT if Kia keeps making good built , reliable cars who knows .. Heck I thought Scion was gonna flop their first year.. Now the "scion nation " has about a million members :p

·
Registered
973 Posts
my father in law has had his 07 sportage for a couple years, put over 60k on it, not a single problem. at all.
Friend carlos has had a rio for 5 years now, no problems ever.
I get about 32 mpg mixed stop and go and highway, I put about 70 miles a day on the car, more if I go in to work after I get back from the school commute. I haven't had a single problem with the car either, at 11 grand now, almost 12 now.
the 2.0 forte has greater v.e. than all the same class cars, as good or better gas mileage, and a 10 yr 100k warranty, if you care about that. Its unique, and people are genuinely surprised to see that it is a kia (I left the kia badges on but removed the forte badge.)
I've had free sat radio for almost 7 months now lol
sound system is great for a little 4 speaker stock system
love the bluetooth, minus annoying transfer complete message
ipod compatibility
comfortable ride, tons of room at my sides
cupholders
(first car I've owned in 2 years with usable cupholders, bimmer had weird little tiny things, can only guess they were for glass bottles (beer?) lol)
sounds great, especially after I got the new exhaust=]
And if you're worried at all about the block or the head cracking from stress when you try to boild this engine up, same hyundai designed block as 4b11t (evo x), same block and head as genesis 2.0t (positioned diff. in genesis because its rwd, and someone should look into swapping the rw drivetrain onto a koup!)
This thing has got so much potential, and I'm genuinely proud of my car, and supremely happy with my choice. Could have gotten an almost new lexus IS, could have gotten a new toyota (that was the backup plan for sure, always a toyo fan), but this is my baby.
lol
sorry for the rant, and by "honda people" earlier, I ONLY mean the honda elitists, esp the kids around here with their little single cam civics who can;t understand why my car is so much faster than their almighty HONDA lol
everybody have a great night and oogd luck reading my posts lol
and none of the negative aspects, or "ranting", are directed towards the op at all, just sharing my experiences, first- and secondhand, with kia/hyundai. to be honest, my friend's 05 accent was a complete POS, so the crappy one's are still out there, kia/hyundai are just doing a WAY better job to keep them out now. makes me proud *sniff*
lol=]

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

Yaris??....? Oh Man, Is there a Puke Emoticon smiley available???? yyyuck :p

is that 29-33 hwy or in town, or a little of both?
Ohhh WHOOPS! Lol!

Lmao...Hey, my sister needed a car ASAP and back in 2008 there was barely any cheap fuel efficient cars out there... so when we found the yaris... we got it. Lol. But since then, I've hunted and hunted and found this baby. So lol yeah.

And yeah, I drive hwy and town equally as much...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts