Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, it has been a while since I have been around and I am about to get my own Forte SX in a couple weeks. I would like to get some guys together and meet up on a Saturday here in Southern California. I am going to see if we could meet at Kia HQ in Irvine right off the 5 Freeway. I was able to get Suzuki to let me use their parking lot and I am sure I could do the same with Kia. Who would be interested, who know maybe they will put out some of the cool cars they take to auto shows with them.

Let me know, may be we could plan for a June or July weekend.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That sounds like a great idea. I know I would be up for it, I'll be down in that area in a few days. This Sunday, a few of us are headed to ARK Performance for a meet and greet BBQ. If your free, you should stop by.

·
Registered
104 Posts
im in... im already in contact with someone that can get us permission to be on the prop.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I kind of jumped the gun and asked the people I know at Kia, they are in to get us on the property.

Can't make the ARC meet, I have some family stuff my wife reminded me of.

Also what if we got more Kia models involved? Maybe we could have a Kia Owners Day and have everything from Amanti's to Optima's to Soul's. We would have a good crowd and maybe get Kia more involved.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sounds good to me, the more the merrier. Maybe one of you guys (with contacts there) could talk the KIA dealership into doing some raffle prizes or something. That always guarantees a good turnout. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lets see if we can spread the word about a big Kia meet and get a good number of cars involved. Even if were less than 50 this year would could be more than 100 next with the right amount of talk on different forums.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking mid to late July to give us room to plan the meet and get people interested and able to plan on making it. I can see if there is a good time in that window to do it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I pass Kia HQ everyday. Im down. Oh and this sunday Ill be there. what time, and is everyone meeting somewhere first so we can mob down the streets with a lot of forte's.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah we all want to go together... me, anthony, dvipercop are going to try and meet tomorrow too to talk about sunday.. pm me with your contact info so we can keep you updated...

·
Registered
202 Posts
awesome I'm going to try to make it to that meet on july, I didn't make it on the ark meet but I'll try to make it on this one

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am working on the details for a July 31st meet, I hope that we can all make it to Kia HQ in Irvine for a cool meet with a lot of different Kia's there. I will have more details to come.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Count me in!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Any update on the meet? I'll be on leave for the next week if anyone wants to do something. I think me and my friend CJ (the Camaro guy for those at the ARK meet) are going to try and find some car shows to go to. Anyone know of any in the area?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Flump....

·
Registered
696 Posts
When we have a meet, any chance you guys could bring that rally Koup out?? Would love to see it in person!

PS - Any update on the meet from those organizing it?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
When we have a meet, any chance you guys could bring that rally Koup out?? Would love to see it in person!

PS - Any update on the meet from those organizing it?

Of course I will bring it out since we still street drive it... July 31st will be a good day to meet so lets make it happen.. What does everyone else think??

1 - 20 of 96 Posts