Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a CBE from Solo Performance today. I opted for the MR Resonator and 18" long Mach muffler. Now I just have to hope that Canada Post doesn't go on strike! Lol

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
About time!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ Haha! Tell me about it. I have been waiting for this for quite a while now, but the opportunity arose and I went for it!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I don't think they use CP so you should be good.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
CP = Canadian Post?
They are on strike?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, apparently!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
CP = Canadian Post?
They are on strike?
Imagine USPS being on strike. :p

Makes your wonder how us Canadians function with ass backward systems.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news for me! They use Purolator. It already has a tracking number and everything!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Post video of the sound! Deciding on going with solo of just go completely custom. Had an ark, and that was just too loud lol.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Xray, I've started a thread with MANY of the popular exhausts!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
XRay: the Solo kit is much more restrained than the Ark system, even with the high flow cat it's still not too loud. But it sounds oh so delicious! I LOVE the sound it makes when it shifts!

For me a custom exhaust is just too much work, because choosing a resonator and a muffler takes time and experimentation to find something you like.

Solo's youtube channel has videos of all the possible combinations, check it out: YouTube - ‪SoloPerformance's Channel‬‏

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Xray, once I get it and do the install I will do my best to get a decent video!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So just an update. The exhaust is now in Calgary and I will be going to pick it up tomorrow morning and do the install in the afternoon. Hopefully all will go well and I get to spend the rest of the day listening to a whole new kind of love. I will defiantly take a video to give you guys a good idea of sound. I don't think anybody else on the forums has tried the MR resonator yet so I'm really excited to hear the results in person!
Wish me luck! Lol

Deuce

·
Registered
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Wish I could hear them all live, lol!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picked up the box. Im just waiting for my father to drop off a couple ramps which should be any minute now. There were no instructions in the box and the e-mail they sent didn't have them attached like they were supposed to be. That said, it looks pretty straight forward so here goes! :) I am almost vibrating with excitement!

Deuce

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I didn't even look at the instructions, the install was so easy!
Since you have the MR res, you'll be able to fit your socket over the cat flange bolts. With the QR, like mine, the resonator is in the way of the bolts and the ONLY way to tighten them was with an open ended wrench. It was a PITA!

The clamps are also brilliant, makes adjusting the whole system easier.
Also, good luck getting the mid pipe over the axle... it took me a few tries. I don't remember the exact angle I used, but you'll figure it out!

Make sure to post your thoughts!

ALSO! Make sure you start it up open-cat... you might shit yourself.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
So the actual active install time was an hour and a half,with a beer break near the end. But I spent the whole morning trying to find a place that rents out electric impact guns. But I found one eventually and all was smooth.

Now for thoughts on the install.
It was really quite straight forward just like I thought it would be. The hangar points were kind of frustrating to pull the stock exhaust out of, but I got them eventually. All four exhaust bolts were pretty well rusted in place, hence the need for the impact gun. As for getting the mid-pipe over the axle, I just kinda rotated it until it went through and got it on the first try.

The sound.
FAP FAP FAP FAP!:eek:
It sound amazing! Words cannot do justice to the beauty of it. At lower RPMs it's real throaty and deep, but once you hit around 3500 it gets a little smoother(for lack of a better term). Its just amazing. I fell in love all over again!

I'm not quite sure how to post a video... any help would be much appreciated.
Edit: I think I figured it out... somebody let me know if it works and I will upload the other one too!
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.../video/video.php?v=10150284243901189&comments

Thanks for reading guys!

Deuce

1 - 20 of 46 Posts