Kia Forte Forum banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Soooo... ummm... I have a problem...

The weld on the flange connecting the HFC to the resonator has failed...

I was driving on the highway, came up to a hill and stepped on it. Suddenly it got insanely loud and I freaked out. I very quickly realized the cat must have fallen off because that's the only way it could sound THAT SHITTY! I swear, that was the worst thing I have ever heard... it was ungodly loud and sounded terrible. For those of you who have your cat dumping straight down: I really don't know how you could like that, it sounds like shit!

Looks like an easy fix. I'll take it to a local muffler shop this week. (any guess on the price?)
Thank god I kept my stock cat!

BIG NOTE: I don't blame Solo at this point, because I don't know if it was a bad weld, or it was me. Solo is working with me to fix the issue! I still love them and their customer service is great, don't let this keep you from buying from them!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Soooo... ummm... I have a problem...

The weld on the flange connecting the HFC to the resonator has failed...

I was driving on the highway, came up to a hill and stepped on it. Suddenly it got insanely loud and I freaked out. I very quickly realized the cat must have fallen off because that's the only way it could sound THAT SHITTY! I swear, that was the worst thing I have ever heard... it was ungodly loud and sounded terrible. For those of you who have your cat dumping straight down: I really don't know how you could like that, it sounds like shit!

I pulled over, found my flashlight and looked underneath, and sure enough I saw this:

Looks like an easy fix. I'll take it to a local muffler shop this week. (any guess on the price?)
Thank god I kept my stock cat!
Looks like you bottomed out on something....give us a call and we will take care of you. Call Jeff at 905-703-1557.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Looks like you bottomed out on something....give us a call and we will take care of you. Call Jeff at 905-703-1557.
Probably right, Lubbock streets suck! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Question about the HFC. I currently have a stock setup with a Magnaflow muffler. Makes a decent growl when pushed which I like. If I added the HFC, would it increase this growl? I know Magnaflow isn't a muffler you sell, just curious for my own sake. I really want to get the HFC when I get back in country, but am just curious how it would sound... Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Question about the HFC. I currently have a stock setup with a Magnaflow muffler. Makes a decent growl when pushed which I like. If I added the HFC, would it increase this growl? I know Magnaflow isn't a muffler you sell, just curious for my own sake. I really want to get the HFC when I get back in country, but am just curious how it would sound... Thanks for any help!
We have never paired it with a MF muffler, but my guess would be that it would add about 15% volume and make the note a bit deeper.

·
Registered
697 Posts
My wife said she called late and woke you up, yet you still took the order. I apologize for that, but am blown away by the level of customer service. You guys rock! I cannot wait to get back state side and install the HFC.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
My wife said she called late and woke you up, yet you still took the order. I apologize for that, but am blown away by the level of customer service. You guys rock! I cannot wait to get back state side and install the HFC.
No problem...it is my pleasure! Let me know how you like it!! Welcome to the SOLO family!

Steve

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just wanted to stop in and say your High Flow Cat rocks!!! For anyone curious, I'm running Solo's High Flow Cat with a Magnaflow muffler and it sounds suuuhweeeeet!! The HFC really sets it off, and the power gains in the low end are definitely noticeable. Even in the higher gears, the power gain is impressive. All in all I'm extremely happy with it! Great work guys!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Hello All,

SOLO Performance now has a new and improved website. The site has more comprehensive product specifications, as well as updated pricing. With the rising cost of stainless steel, we have decided to keep our pricing stable. This ensures that we will be able to continue delivering quality products at affordable prices. Visit our site at Stainless Steel Performance Exhaust Kit, Exhaust Tips, Mufflers, Resonators | SOLO and see all of our products for your Forte. You can order directly off of our site, or call me direct to order at 516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST). Have a great day and thanks for the support:)

Steve, Jeff, and the SOLO Crew

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
We usually do the group buys just to introduce it to the new forum. We didn't have a ton of interest here when we had our first one either unfortunately. We are keeping our prices stable, even though the cost of stainless steel has risen for us. Full kits are still $499 shipped and the HF cat is $259 shipped:) Thanks and have a great day!

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thx for the update Steve ! i understand now.. just try to save a little bit of cash lol but your right the price is already good including shipping for a full catback exhaust and hi-flow cat (the best that i'm able to see for the forte) and thx to keep the price stable. Will need to save my money for that then

181 - 200 of 221 Posts