Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here and have to say that I like this page a lot.

I have 3 questions:
1) exists any performance clutch? (bronze or 50/50 or organic)
2) exists any aftermarket struts? (kyb, koni or other)
3) exists any short ram intake?

this 3 mods are very important to me and I don't find them on any site or mag...

thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
1) Not yet.... really no engine/performance mods out there that would get you anywhere near needing a performance clutch but RRM has a short throw shifter and someone else does too i forget who...
2) KFX Performance - Hyundai and Kia Performance and Styling Parts - Forte: KFX Performance they have 2 pairs and i think Korean Auto Imports has some and a couple other places do search the forum for coilovers
3) you can make your own KFX has 1 Turbo Kits has 1 and im sure there are more out there... i personally just bought a cone filter and replaces the stock air box with it and i love it

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new here and have to say that I like this page a lot.

I have 3 questions:
1) exists any performance clutch? (bronze or 50/50 or organic)
2) exists any aftermarket struts? (kyb, koni or other)
3) exists any short ram intake?

this 3 mods are very important to me and I don't find them on any site or mag...

thanks

also- just to help things along ...i'd suggest- which country you are in.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) Not yet.... really no engine/performance mods out there that would get you anywhere near needing a performance clutch but RRM has a short throw shifter and someone else does too i forget who...
2) KFX Performance - Hyundai and Kia Performance and Styling Parts - Forte: KFX Performance they have 2 pairs and i think Korean Auto Imports has some and a couple other places do search the forum for coilovers
3) you can make your own KFX has 1 Turbo Kits has 1 and im sure there are more out there... i personally just bought a cone filter and replaces the stock air box with it and i love it
1) thanks a lot
2) i dont want coilovers, too expensive
3) any CEL issues?

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont think you really need an aftermarket clutch that is something i wouldnt get replaced unless needed or you are boosted so much that the clutch cant handle it which i doubt will ever happen. Go for the intake first then exhaust.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I had my springs on for about 6 months now, they still ride well but the oem ones were never designed for the weight to be so low. We all have to wait and see who is the first to get theirs replaced. I have been hunting for some aftermarket struts and shocks but no luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had my springs on for about 6 months now, they still ride well but the oem ones were never designed for the weight to be so low. We all have to wait and see who is the first to get theirs replaced. I have been hunting for some aftermarket struts and shocks but no luck.
thats the problem man, that really disappointed me cause why kyb, koni or tokico dont make them...

we'll se, good luck with your oem...

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is a CAI, it's ours. We have sold tons on the board with many happy Forte'rs. Let us know if you have any specific questions... Thanks
thanks for your answer and yes I have a few questions...
1) can I turn it into a short ram??
2) I live in a tropical country, and I'm afraid that with the wind in a rainy day or with a little water hole I lost my engine collecting water through the CAI.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts