Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
The standard size 17" rim on the SX is 17x7 with a 5 x 4.5"(114.3mm) bolt pattern with a +48mm offset.
Trying to find anything with an offset much larger than +40mm is a challenge.

Here is a link to a good tool for comparing tire and wheel sizes.

Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - RIMS-N-TIRES

I've also added an example comparing an 17 & 18" wheel size.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Will i be able to fit in +30mm offset?
The lower the offset, the more concave the spokes (Deep rim look)?
As you lessen the offset, the tire and wheel will stick out farther and farther. This can cause a couple of problems.

First, by doing this you move the load from the centerline of the tire/wheel and more to the inside edge.

Second and most important, although it may look the tire will clear the wheel well, as soon as the suspension starts moving, the tire could very easily start hitting the fender and damage both.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
at one point i wanted advan model t7's buuuuuuut they were 8oo usd for 18's. found some drag dr 33's with the help of a member on here and theyre identical(for the most part). the search is still on tho :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
at one point i wanted advan model t7's buuuuuuut they were 8oo usd for 18's. found some drag dr 33's with the help of a member on here and theyre identical(for the most part). the search is still on tho :)
I am actually really liking the Drags, thanks for the reference. I like their looks and their price. Now it all depends on how much i get my koup for. I am still debating SX or EX. so if it ends up EX, i might get the Drags as my winter rims

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.