Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i wanna have the concave look like the pic below

What is the offset i need on an 18"?
And wat is the max offset i can go for Koup?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
The standard size 17" rim on the SX is 17x7 with a 5 x 4.5"(114.3mm) bolt pattern with a +48mm offset.
Trying to find anything with an offset much larger than +40mm is a challenge.

Here is a link to a good tool for comparing tire and wheel sizes.

Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - RIMS-N-TIRES

I've also added an example comparing an 17 & 18" wheel size.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will i be able to fit in +30mm offset?
The lower the offset, the more concave the spokes (Deep rim look)?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Will i be able to fit in +30mm offset?
The lower the offset, the more concave the spokes (Deep rim look)?
As you lessen the offset, the tire and wheel will stick out farther and farther. This can cause a couple of problems.

First, by doing this you move the load from the centerline of the tire/wheel and more to the inside edge.

Second and most important, although it may look the tire will clear the wheel well, as soon as the suspension starts moving, the tire could very easily start hitting the fender and damage both.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anybody know what's the rims in the picture below?
Any pro knows the specs of the rims (eg. offset etc)

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I'd prefer a bit more rubber but they still look awesome! I wouldn't mind knowing where I might get a set myself.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
nope! theyre Gunmetal Advan RZ and theyre very very expensive ^_^ 500usd for ONE 17" wheel lol if i were to make a guess, the ones on the pic are 19's

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
nope! theyre Gunmetal Advan RZ and theyre very very expensive ^_^ 500usd for ONE 17" wheel lol if i were to make a guess, the ones on the pic are 19's
Ouch. They look similar to my Konig Illusions....ten spoke that resembles a split 5 spoke. But the Konigs only come in black.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
at one point i wanted advan model t7's buuuuuuut they were 8oo usd for 18's. found some drag dr 33's with the help of a member on here and theyre identical(for the most part). the search is still on tho :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
at one point i wanted advan model t7's buuuuuuut they were 8oo usd for 18's. found some drag dr 33's with the help of a member on here and theyre identical(for the most part). the search is still on tho :)
I am actually really liking the Drags, thanks for the reference. I like their looks and their price. Now it all depends on how much i get my koup for. I am still debating SX or EX. so if it ends up EX, i might get the Drags as my winter rims

·
Registered
3,919 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep the same from GRM
Haven't run in two months, big improvement with wheels and tires
need to tighten the rear a bit still having a lot of under steer

·
Registered
708 Posts
They're good, if only they were 19" s . What are size are yours? and, can u put up a link of where to buy it, not just the pic?

Thanks

if they were a bit bigger they would look like total sex

1 - 20 of 22 Posts