1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
298 Posts
not a huge fan of short ram intake since it pulls the hot air in. I'd hold out for a cold air intake if you want better gains unless you just want it for show.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
If you're into function over looks these might do...I prefer "flashy"...LoL

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not a huge fan of short ram intake since it pulls the hot air in. I'd hold out for a cold air intake if you want better gains unless you just want it for show.
For some reason, I just can't picture a cold air intake for the 2.4 that is going to be THAT amazing over a SRI. Plus I'm not very patient... :)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
For some reason, I just can't picture a cold air intake for the 2.4 that is going to be THAT amazing over a SRI. Plus I'm not very patient... :)
...I know the feeling...LoL I want something that is more show. I realize that a company is going to have to spend some time and funds to make a good intake considering the ECM is cooled by the intake system and the current location for the incoming air makes it even harder to come up with a design that works with it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You gain a couple of whp with the cai vs the sri but you risk hydrolock with a cai , small risk but still a risk . Having said that , i had a cai on my Tib with no issues and loved it . Best bang for the buck mod !

I would wait for companies like AEM or Injen to get their stuff together if i was looking for an intake . SSA or OBX will be sure to have a polished stainless catback available in the near future , the Forte is going to be too big a seller to ignore .

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the CAI on my Tiburon with a AEM bypass filter with no issues. When you get the SRI let us know how you like it

IMO OBX is Garbage just form my experience .... id wait for Injen or AEM and K&N

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think the best option would be putting a high flow filter in between the throttle body and the stock air grabber. There's tons of cold air coming through that thing. The K&N Apollo looks like a pretty solid choice so far.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So has anyone else seen anything for CAI for the 2.4? Just curious, because if not, my Christmas present (yeah it's late) will be that SRI. Does anyone think the ECU will have issues with that setup? I don't think it'll receive the same amount of air as it does with the stock setup...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well it's the first ECU I've ever seen that was air cooled like that so I'm guessing not. But then again, I work pretty much strictly on Ford's so that's not to say there aren't more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts