Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked my car and was gone no longer than 4 minutes and when i get back my friend tells me some guy just backed up into my car and took off. Luckily my friend was in the car while i was gone and he wrote some of the license plate numbers down.

Any suggestions on what to do?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
call either non emergency or 911 and make a claim. then if you cant find out who it was, make a claim with your insurance or if the repairs are less then the deductible, you can take it to get fixed yourself.

this happened to me and the guy was gone. hit my car with his truck and put a hole in my rear diffusor. lucky me, the part is 62 dollars and the labor was 8 bucks lol so i didnt make a claim.

i got backed into AGAIN in the same parking lot yesterday but the guy stopped and gave me all his info and im going through his insurance instead. sorry to hear about your forte

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you have his plate number report it with the police as a hit and run, and ask them how you can take him to court to pay the damages. They will take that as'ole to court and he will have to pay you for damages plus the court session which is like a 100 bucks, plus he will most likely have his licence revoked for at least 30 days. It happened to my brother and we did the same thing. These irresponsible aszwipes don't deserve to be driving.

Do what I say, you will be happy. Don't tell your insurance about it. let the guy pay the damages, don't worry... the court will make him pay.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Only in your backward province (LOL sarcasim & jealousy) there is no deductable for hit and run. ;)

I have to pay mine here in Ontario for my hit and run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts