1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I have a feeling the driver may be a fatass or doesn't know how to drive.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"0-60 : 9.2 Seconds"

9.2 is a legitimate time for a 0-60 with a car that has 156hp...
That's not possible. A 2011 Elantra can do it in 9.1 has less power and weighs the same.

The EX 6 speed manual is can achieve <7 sec in the right hands.

The 2011 SX Auto does 0-60 in ~8 seconds.

Something has to be wrong with their model. Plus their review is full of bias. They loved the car in 2010 but call it boring in 2011? That's BS.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's not possible. A 2011 Elantra can do it in 9.1 has less power and weighs the same.

The EX 6 speed manual is can achieve <7 sec in the right hands.

The 2011 SX Auto does 0-60 in ~8 seconds.

Something has to be wrong with their model. Plus their review is full of bias. They loved the car in 2010 but call it boring in 2011? That's BS.
As far as comparing to the Elantra, it's not only about HP, gearing and other factors play into it. And honestly, I'd like to see someone with an unmodified Forte EX doing less than 7 seconds to 60mph.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
That's not possible.The EX 6 speed manual is can achieve <7 sec in the right hands./QUOTE]

First, you goofed on saying that the time was 9.6 seconds when C&D stated, "9.2" Now you're telling me it's possible to achieve a 0-60 in less than 7 seconds with a 2011 EX Sedan that's completely stock. Anything else you want to say that's completely false?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I agree the Fortes are slow, but WTF is this a race car here or a high MPG cruiser?? I enjoy my 5 every time I drive.

These guys are fucktards IMO. I stopped reading MT about 20 years ago when all they could do was jack off over German Cars every month. Pathetic Rag of a Magazine.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That's not possible.The EX 6 speed manual is can achieve <7 sec in the right hands.
First, you goofed on saying that the time was 9.6 seconds when C&D stated, "9.2" Now you're telling me it's possible to achieve a 0-60 in less than 7 seconds with a 2011 EX Sedan that's completely stock. Anything else you want to say that's completely false?
I may have a bunch to things to add that maybe false.

But your Schooling has failed you as you have no reading comprehension. That ain't a lie. That's fact.

I said a EX 6 Speed manual may be possible of hitting <7 seconds. I say this because I found a youtube video showing ~7. Who knows what he has. There's a bunch of videos and reviews of the Forte in the 7-8s. But since you're PMSing so bad I'll say 7.0-8.9 range.

Now if you read the review you'll see it's a 6 speed auto. The old 2010 wasn't this slow. It was in the 8s and it was low to mid 8s. Not a low 9.

I may have goofed on the 9.6 the first time around. I was reading a bunch of reviews when I caught it. The last review was of a 6.6 second Buick so I combined the 9 and the 6.

I don't know why you're being such a douchebag.

In addition to 0-60 times being off.

Most reviews of the Fortes had ~120-130ft for 60-0. These guys clocked 144ft.

Maximilien and Michael: These are grocery getters. But MT was really biased in this review, was my main point I was trying to convey.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree with you and I have this exact carand with two people in it I was clocked at 7.8 at the local honda plant. That's with this being my first manual car to. Not sure on how far it was though.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I said a EX 6 Speed manual may be possible of hitting <7 seconds. I say this because I found a youtube video showing ~7. Who knows what he has. There's a bunch of videos and reviews of the Forte in the 7-8s. But since you're PMSing so bad I'll say 7.0-8.9 range.
You said, "The EX 6 speed manual is can achieve <7 sec in the right hands. Can and may be possible are two completely different meanings. Can means, it will be able to. May be possible means, it might be able to. So stop trying to change what you said before.

And you're trying to back up your claim because of a Youtube video... I'm holding you to your original statement of less than 7 seconds. After all, you said it can achieve less than 7 seconds in the right hands.

But your Schooling has failed you as you have no reading comprehension. That ain't a lie. That's fact.
Glad to know your school taught you to find Youtube videos and make false claims. Oh and just to let you know I do know how to read. I'm surprised you couldn't pick that up, because you know... You're just soo educated...

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You said, "The EX 6 speed manual is can achieve <7 sec in the right hands. Can and may be possible are two completely different meanings. Can means, it will be able to. May be possible means, it might be able to. So stop trying to change what you said before.

And you're trying to back up your claim because of a Youtube video... I'm holding you to your original statement of less than 7 seconds. After all, you said it can achieve less than 7 seconds in the right hands.

Glad to know your school taught you to find Youtube videos and make false claims. Oh and just to let you know I do know how to read. I'm surprised you couldn't pick that up, because you know... You're just soo educated...
I still don't see any false claims.

All I said was the review said the car is 9.2 seconds 0-60. People in Autos don't have it that slow. The car in manual form can achieve 0-60 in <7 seconds in the right hands. I NEVER ONCE claimed completely stock. All I said was right hands, that leaves it to pure interpretation of the reader. Sure it could imply completely stock and up to the driver. Even completely stock and up to the driver the car is not a ~9 second car (if the driver was trying for the lowest time <- stated so it's not up for interpretation).

What did I claim? That the car can or may be <7 seconds? It's not false. People have done it, go google a bunch of videos. Do I really care if it's 7.1 or 6.9 Seconds? That's within human error, hell even timing equipment error depending on the accuracy. There's at least 1 video of a <7 run meaning it's possible. I didn't realize I was writing a freaking scholarly paper and needed academic sources.

Hold me to saying the EX is <7 seconds. Am I getting worked up as you? No. I'm sure if someone on this forum really wanted to they can prove the car is <7 just strip the car and run it at below sea level. We're not talking about a 10 second 0-60 and I'm claiming it's a <7. The car is a 0-60 in the 7s car, 8s in the worst cases.

You comprehended nothing, and now in addition you just proved you're an ass.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not on here too often, but must say the tone and name calling in this thread are disheartening. Is this really the image we Forte drivers want to show the rest of the world?

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
You're calling me a douchebag and an ass when all I did was pretty much tell you that you're wrong about the 2011 Forte EX Sedan doing 0-60 in less than 7 seconds. Since we were talking about the review, the car in the review was stock, not modified. Then you tell me that my schooling failed me and that I can't read. Any other smarta** remarks you want to make about me?

Am I getting worked up as you?
Seeing how you're calling me names and insulting me yes.

I hope the mods are watching this thread.

As far as comparing to the Elantra, it's not only about HP, gearing and other factors play into it. And honestly, I'd like to see someone with an unmodified Forte EX doing less than 7 seconds to 60mph.
I completely agree.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^ 6.9 is basically 7.0 seconds.. I mean one tenth lol really? your going to argue about that?..

either way thats not a bad time :) for a eco gas saving car that looks good
and lets not go bashing people for posting there thoughts, if nobody posted there view points
this forum would not be very much fun would it? and you can disagree with otheres with out being a jerk about it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.