Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New mod! PICTURES NOW!!!

hey sorry I kind of fell of the earth havent been able to get those motor mounts done or havent been able to get onto this forum.

I Just redid my exhaust. I did a 2.5inch staight pipe to a side dump that dumps out by my passanger side rear door. Its deff LOUD but has nice backfire to it and feels like it opens up nicely twords top end.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lets see a video of it

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
yeah sounds fun.. pictures and stuff would be great!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yeah. sounds cool, but is really hard to imagine what it looks or sounds like.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
What happen to the motor mounts i want sum!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Pics or GTFO!
Also: Mounts or GTFO!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Autoitking.... Dont tell me to gtfo.... y dont u grow a pair and go trade ur car in for a manual?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What happen to the motor mounts i want sum!
I been so busy no time to leave my car there for a couple days... Ill see what i can do

·
Registered
444 Posts
Autoitking.... Dont tell me to gtfo.... y dont u grow a pair and go trade ur car in for a manual?
Meh heh heh heh heh!

That exhaust looks pretty bangin. Is it just straight pipe from the cat? Or is there a resonator and muffler in there somewhere?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Meh heh heh heh heh!

That exhaust looks pretty bangin. Is it just straight pipe from the cat? Or is there a resonator and muffler in there somewhere?
I kept the cat, Put a high flow resonator and then 2.5 straight pipe that dumps out side. It sounds pretty good, loud but good... LOTS OF BACKFIRE i love it haha

Ill make a video soon. I use imageshack to upload photos just upload through youtube?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Funny, I have just been thinking about doing this myself. Thought about getting a nice long Magnaflow resonator and having the same type of dump. Have any problems scraping anywhere? Would love to hear what it sounds like. Loud in the cabin?

·
Registered
708 Posts
get the sand out of your vag.. it's normal forum speak.. if you cant handle it the Gtfo the intarnetz...

and wow.. your straight piped an na car... oy vey.. it probably has alot of afterfire..but still

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Dude chill... it's the forum speak way of saying: Please post some pics of your rad setup, or don't.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funny, I have just been thinking about doing this myself. Thought about getting a nice long Magnaflow resonator and having the same type of dump. Have any problems scraping anywhere? Would love to hear what it sounds like. Loud in the cabin?
Nope no scrapes or nothing. My gf hates it she thinks its annoying... me on the other hand I love it. Yea its deff not quiet in the cabin. Ill make a video of it driving away, up to car, couple diff little clips. DEFF opens up at higher rpms and little more torque

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I don't think that using this style setup will yield the best daily driver gains. Things like exhaust gas velocity and back pressure play a huge role in optimizing power throughout the powerband, which is negated with a dump style exhaust on a naturally aspirated 4cyl.

At that point, you'll have all of the sound but no real effective use of power.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have my cat and a high flow resinator... So I still have back pressure
not the best daily driver set up but oh well

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
^^ You're still sacrificing power in the low to mid range rpms when you have a straight shot. Also, FYI Hemholtz resonators provide very marginal (if any) assistance with back pressure as they are designed for sound deadening purposes using the reflective principle.

Keep in mind that I am speaking as an engineer.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts