Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I'm almost desperate here because I just moved from an old iPod video to a new 4th gen touch. There is one key difference that is driving me nuts and I'm sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it.
Basically what I want my new iPod to do is pick up where I left off playing it before. On the last one, I would just unplug it from the car, bring it in, go back out to the car, plug it in and it would be right where I left it. This one will pick up where I left off if I use it after taking it out of the car, but once I plug that cable back into it in the car it starts over at the letter A. Remember playback position kind of sucks because if I only listen to half a song, skip it and go back later it picks that song up where I left off too. I'm guessing that I'm either stuck with playback position being like that or having to select the album/song every time I get into my car, but I thought if anyone would know a way around this it would be you guys.
I hope what I'm saying here makes sense and if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know because we all know that it's kind of a pain to look for an album or song through the stereo controls!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't think I understand it correctly because you said that when plugging your new iPod back in it won't remember the position (starts from letter A) and in the very next sentence you said that "remembering playback position kind of sucks" because it does the thing that you said that it didn't (picks that song up where I left off).

My iPhone 3GS will pick the song where I left off anytime, be it connected to the car via the cable or via Bluetooth. The only thing I'm struggling with is that if I'm listening to Kaiser Chiefs for example and I had the folder navigation around the letter K, after turning it off and back on, although the song will resume, if I want to choose another album I will have to scroll to the letter K all over again. This really sucks. If only I could scroll down via a steering wheel button...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts