Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a kind of skewking sound coming from the passenger door? Sounds like a bad bed, if you follow my meaning. ;)

While I drive at low speed (60km/hr) I got a kind of skewk coming from my right side, most of the time, as I hit normal bump in the road (I'm in quebec and the road suck). At first I thought it might be coming from my front suspension but I believe that the sound I hear is too clear to come from under the car.

Anyone had a problem like this and know how to solve it (will be a lot easier for me if I got to the Kia Dealer and know where to look than tell them that...)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I get a sound kinda like that but it's just my buddies begging me to unlock the door, the bums. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have read somewhere that the re-inforcement bar in the doors have a blob of foam to insulate it from the outer skin. If this comes loose or unstuck you will here a rattle or clunk. Just ask your dealer to fix it as it's a well known fault with some cars.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Their is a TSB out, you are correct rpps, it has something to do with the reinforcement beam coming unattached.
TSB No. KT2009101602 TSB Type General Language English Published 10/19/2009 Model Forte [TD](2010) Area N. America Gr./Sys./Comp Body (Interior and Exterior) / Exterior / Symptom BDN001 - Noise
Subject Forte Sedan Front and Rear Door Skin Rattle Noise (Body - 050) Description Some owners of 2010 Forte sedan vehicles produced from 3/3/2009~ 6/15/2009, may experience a door skin rattle noise from any of the four (4) doors during closing. The front & rear door skin rattle noise has been isolated to the loss or separation of pliable adhesive material that bonds the cross bar to the interior door skin, producing a rattle noise when closing the door(s). To reduce this door skin noise, this bulletin provides information on applying a 3M Automotive insulating foam into the area between the cross bar to the interior door skin on the affected door.

Also a TSB out for the sunroof making noise.....if that could be it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok tx for the info, but it is not when the door is opening or closing, but while I drive over bumps on the road

·
Registered
15 Posts
I experience a similiar squeek or skweek but I have isolated this to be the passenger seat itself. When I put pressure on the seat by grasping it and pulling it towards me, the squeeking stops. Really had it bad today as I had to drive over washboard like highway to work thanks to yet another freak snowstorm in Edmonton. It's going in for some shudder problems when accelerating to highway speed through 2nd and 3rd gear in my 2.0 koup automatic. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it was something I was thinking too, I never noticed the sound when someone is a passenger. Ok tell me what they say :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will for sure. Just hug the passenger seat as if it was your significant other with a bit of pressure towards you and you will probably find that the sqweeek stops. Hope that's all it is, those little squeeks can be very annoying trying to hunt down the source.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
just wanted to say I've had that sqweak once too with somebody in the shotgun seat.. I thought it seemed to be from the front right wheel side maybe the bump stop? it only happened one time when I hit a bit of a rough spot in the road IdK
I normally have the music on 2 so I heard it over that

·
Registered
22 Posts
I experience a similiar squeek or skweek but I have isolated this to be the passenger seat itself. When I put pressure on the seat by grasping it and pulling it towards me, the squeeking stops. Really had it bad today as I had to drive over washboard like highway to work thanks to yet another freak snowstorm in Edmonton. It's going in for some shudder problems when accelerating to highway speed through 2nd and 3rd gear in my 2.0 koup automatic. Hope this helps.
Yeah I had this in my driver seat...i thought the squeak was telling me to lose some weight, but turned out the tracks just needed to be regreased. Apparently quite common, so it was a nothin fix done by the dealer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There is another thread somewhere about this specific problem. There's a TSB for this too. They replace the seat track that the seat slides back and forth on. Maybe try to search "seat, track, squeaking" I'd link it, but I'm gonna have to do more searching.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing here. That dreaded squeak / ticking. I had gotten really bad since the temperature dropped. Leaning into the passenger seat by placing my elbow between the center arm rest and the seat back made it stop. A passenger in the seat also made it stop. I traced it to the right side passenger seat track somewhere near the front of the track. Stopped by the dealership and the service advisor could duplicate the ticking but he never seen the problem before. He told me to bring it back when I had time.

Since the sound was at the front of the passenger track, I decided to try something. I loosened the front right bolt securing the right side passenger track at least 2 revolutions counterclockwise. It was really locked in tight. I then retightened it but only snug (not torqued to specs). The passenger seat has been quiet for 4 days now. Hope it stays that way.

The KGIS site lists the procedure for intstalling the seats. I wonder if the factory uses a different procedure which flexes the track.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a simple grommet on the outer door panel edge was missing and was letting air rush into the inside of the door. It made different sounds and different sppeds and overall wind speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts