Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thout I would make something to talk about.
So if you have a system in your Koup, here is the place to show it off.

Dont have mine installed yet, but im gettin the back seats taken out and getting two 12 JL Audio w7's, should be loud :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Lol D likes to keep secrets. Never expect a straight answer when you're asking about his gear.

As for me, I'm in the process of planning what I'm putting in. I may decide to go the way D goes and not say a word 'til all is said and done and I have some nice photos or a video to show it off.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Lol, D113 is the boss when it comes to stereo systems. Though, I'm still debating if I should spend $120 just for installation of my stereo system that I wanted.. Its crazy how they have to take out the back seats and everything!!! Bah, I guess I want to put my spoiler on and my outer stuff first before I get started on the inside.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys I have been gone for awhile and been saving up for them subs I talked about. Well their has been a change of plans, I am not going with JL Audio 12's I'm going to go with 6 12 inch 2xl powerbass in a wall. I have the wall in now but nothing else so I'll get some pics up asap of that. I will get the subs next Wednesday, then it will all be complete. I hope my car holds up :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
2 12'' Kicker L7s with a 1500 watt mono Kicker amp. Fixing to get 2 1000 watt kickers for each sub...so the 1500 has to go ha :) After this I will be doing the door speakers, Most likely to do Polk speakers for the door with a pioneer 4ch amp!! I do have a capacitor waitin to be installed I just havent found time to put it in. I do all my installs myself (worked at Circuit city for 2 yrs before it closed :) )

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am wanting to add a sub to mine, but have to make the changes a little at a time. Either that or find a way to make more money fast that does not get me locked up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like that head unit.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
got 2 memphis mojo's 12's (dual 4 ohm) about to build box. got a Brutus Bxi2610d on its way here. and why build a wall. with 6 12's

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have 2 12" kenwood subs and a 400w kenwood amp. I want to build my own custom box with a mount for another amp and get a 1000w amp, then switch out the amp i'm currently using for the subs and hook that up to the speakers and then hook up the 1k up to the subs. Idk how well that will work. D113 do you have any advice on that?

·
Registered
318 Posts
i will have an entire digital Designs set-up soon (hopefully by the end of november) downgrading from a DD9518g dual 4 ohm to two DD1502 dual 2 ohm. with an DD m3 amp and a DD four chan and all DD speakers... should be rather nice... no headunit till DD comes out with one ugg could be a while

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
sounds fine!

here's what I did:

2 x 500WRMS amps for the two subs, mounted to the rear of the box, hidden distribution in between

on top of the box, a 300WRMS 4 channel amp for the doors.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got 2 memphis mojo's 12's (dual 4 ohm) about to build box. got a Brutus Bxi2610d on its way here. and why build a wall. with 6 12's
well ant you a party pooper :p Im doing 6 12's b/c I can thats why.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds fine!

here's what I did:

2 x 500WRMS amps for the two subs, mounted to the rear of the box, hidden distribution in between

on top of the box, a 300WRMS 4 channel amp for the doors.
Wow that looks awesome, I like the set-up a lot!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
sorry about the font change. it changed and i couldn't change back. and about the wall i had been curious. once you accually start putting subs in it you should make a build log and post it SMD (if ya know what that is). that's what i'm gonna do oncethe amp is in.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts