Kia Forte Forum banner

Sound System For My New Koup

6K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  arinesmith 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear All,

i would like to share with you and take some advices from you about a sound system for my new Koup.

frankly i got the below speakers, Sub and the 1200W AMP.
but the problem is that i dont know if i can put it or not and if it can fit or not coz as i saw there is for the front speakers crossovers while the pioneers that ive got without a crossovers,iam just preparing all this so when i get it this week so i can start working on it.

there is also a DVD but i wont put it iam thinking of replace it with other thing for the car :S.

last thing i havent seen anyone who applied any sound system for there KOUP thats why iam asking and need ur help.

i think ill replace all what ive got with Alpine type R.

Regards To all

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
I would suggest taking it to a local sound installer, but that is my opinion.

Good luck!
Like D113 said, i suggest that you take it to the local sound installer since i noticed some problems with your suggested setup.

1- No after-market kit for the dash is available yet.

2- You have a 4 channel amplifier. Either you:
- Power the 4 speakers;
- Power 2 speakers and the sub;
- or if your amplifier allows it, you can power the 4 speakers into 2 ohms config., and the sub on the another channel of the amp.

3- There's no place for 6x9 speakers on the rear speakers place, either you replace them for 6.5' or will have to do a rear deck for them.

4- You can keep your stock head unit and install some Line-out converters LOC's for the front and rear channels, and from them you will have the line in for the amplifiers, however this setup is not perfect, but will provide you with a nice solution until a dash kit is available.

#3 ·
well, from what i have researched if you want that deck installed you will have to rip out the current dash that in already in the koup. which also means you will have to "rebuild" your dash. this is no easy task, takes alot of time, work and planning. So if that is re route you want to take it is best to bring it to a professional. However if you do not "need" the deck, i can PM instructions on how to install the amp sub and speakers.

Any one please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

-Matt

#4 ·
return everything and start over. that amp you bought is a 4 channel, which can work if you use 2 channels bridged to run the sub if so what are you going to do with th eother channels? you can use it to run the other 4 speakers but as another member said there is no 6x9 openings in the car. a dash kit... i have not found one for the forte yet.

#5 ·
6X9's... Nope no mounting for those... Unless you want to be creative and mount them to the rear deck by the rear window... I've looked at it and there is room there to run new speaker wire and install the hardware to install 6X9's there...

Just a thought I was thinking about... But hey, im kinda nuts sometimes :D

#10 ·
6X9's... Nope no mounting for those... Unless you want to be creative and mount them to the rear deck by the rear window... I've looked at it and there is room there to run new speaker wire and install the hardware to install 6X9's there...

Just a thought I was thinking about... But hey, im kinda nuts sometimes :D

Can u do me a favor and take a pic of ur rear space under the rear window to have a look at it if it can fit the 6*9" speakers .
and another pic from inside the trunk where the speaker will go throgh!!
iam sorry that iam asking for suck thing but iam out of time to get the speakers replaced by somthing else .

#6 ·
For those of you that have hooked up systems to the factory stereo...do you get better sound quality. I mean right now with just factory its not very loud and its not very clear at the higher volumes. I am practically dying without a system in mine. I need a system and I need one asap. I enjoy driving my forte but I would enjoy it 10 times more with a system.

#7 ·
I just traded my Forte Sedan in on a Koup. On the sedan I fitted new speakers, Dynamat, and a 4 channel power Amp that sounded amazing. When I got the Koup I thought I wouldn't interfere with the stock system, it's been 3 weeks and I have decided I want a better sound. So yesterday I ordered some Dynamat for the doors and back speaker compartments, bought a 4 channel power Amp.
I'm going to leave factory speakers as they are, if the the sound isn't what I like then I will add new speakers

#11 ·
good quastion and i really need an answer for this too as iam preparing everything till i get my car withen 2 days and i have bought all the sound system as u can c from my first pic , anyhow there is another issue about if u want to put another amp so the electrecity in the car will be weak and later on u ll be out of battery and in the same time i dont want to risk it and put another battery on a brand new car just came out of the showrrom coz of another amp for the Sub :S

i dont want the original speakers of the car and i want to replace it with something better plus of that i wanna bring a bazouka sub 1200w and plug it on the same amp that amplifying the 4 new speakers.

i was thinking of alipine speakers but iam not sure about the sizes of there speakers and i dont know whats the size of koups speakers :S
please advice

#13 ·
The koup has 6.5 inch speakers all around and 1" tweeters in the doors. typically always run a 4-8 gauge power wire directly off the battery to the amps.

But..... as D113 has said, go pay a visit to a local installer.

Good Luck

#18 ·
No, there are not any dash kits available as of yet for the Forte (at least not through any of the distributors my company uses). With that said, superb sound from a factory radio can still be attained through the use of a Clean Sweep DSP from JL Audio (yes i'm biased, I am a JL dealer, but i also will be using this in my own car) it can be found here > JL Audio CleanSweep - OEM Interface Car Audio

do be sure to call JL to confirm what if any additional parts (load sensing adapters, Signal combiners) may be necessary for your particular application.

If you truly care and recognize good sound quality then you'll realize the factory (and unchangeable) EQing in the forte brutalizes your sound. (bass compression at higher volumes, extreme response at mid frequencies etc..) the clean sweep will adjust for all of that factory EQ and get your music back to the way it was meant to be heard.

Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement but i believe in JLs product that much.

--Dave

#23 ·
This thread didn't quite make it a year without being resurrected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.