Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:eek: inspected 4th windshield today service manager said to order another #5 looks like little stars through out the glass when in direct sun light.ther was a 2010 koupe on the lot with the same what i call sparkleys starting to lose my cool.anyone with the same problem ? dealership is trying to resolve the problem, very good dealer kearny pearson kia in sandiego

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
well, when i read the title, i thought you were referring to the sparkleys that are sometimes left behind from a microfiber rag after drying the windshield but im not sure what this is...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I have the same I have noticed, but I think they are a product of the micro fiber rag...
:D opened new one out of box and had the windshield inspected and the service manager said to order another due to the same thing thanks for reply

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
damn... all these windshields have been effected? maybe the all of the windshields from that lot number were messed up. either way, that sucks man

·
Registered
196 Posts
I haven't noticed it on my windshield but when I am driving today I will try to look for stars or sparkles. Mine is a bit dirty due to the weather.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Retail on those windshields touches $700 up here right now... I hope they are actually 'faulty' and not just a product of the manufacturing. Wowsers.

I only notice this on my shield but it's from travelling on the highway. Even a speck of sand at 80 miles an hour will leave a mark - albeit a very tiny, often unnoticed mark. Once you get a couple thousand though the glass starts to show it's age and looks sparkley in direct sun.

I'm waiting for the aftermarket glass companies to begin production. Once my glass shop can get them in we'll have a lineup outside their door for a month (we've got a phone list of people already started!)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I looked for it closer on mine today and with street lights, sunshine or headlights coming through the glass I didn't notice it on any window. As KiaTech says I might see it some time in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts