Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man i am so pissed!:mad: The speakers i bought are too big and kia in the back decided to make the hole smaller than is should be i am so mad right now. I have the back seat out and drivers side rear and front panel removed, only upside is that the tinters will be able to do a better job!:)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
that sucks about the size issue..
But why did you take the front door pannel off?
did you put new speakers in the front doors already?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took it off to put them in and low and behold it didnt fit one because the oem shit was on a pedastal like thing and i am just gonna leave it off for now. i got 6.5 inch mb quart components and i thought they would fit but the rear the hole is chamfered from 6.5 to like 3 and mine being the best offered are way to big i shall get them in though, im gonna ask the place tomorrow when i get tinted to see how much they charge to install.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah they "fit" in the front but the mounting holes in mine are way big say 6 3/4 maybe even 7 so imma lil pissed but hell i got beer and i installed some brand new kicker ks68's in my wifes ride no im happy i actually did something today

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well one down one to go then..
I'm sure you'll figure it out

sometimes these projects take on a mind of there own :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so an update to this i found out last night that the speaker mounts are aproximately 8 inches apart and there are 2 other hole for some holding tabs on the stock speakers front and back. i will honestly say that kia screwd the pooch when they developed the speaker mounts it is deplorable i now have to make a bracket and place them in. but i am going to insulate the panels with spray foam and i will let you all know how that goes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there any posts on how to take the door panel off ?? I want to replace the factory speakers, but I'd like to have an idea of what I am getting into before I try it. I had bad experiences in the past lol ...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah there are none stikied though another member on here did it but the factory speaker housing is a joke i hate it door is easy though three screws and clips just be careful and to change the rears you must remove the back seat and the panels also back there is a joke i hate the audio design of our cars

1 - 16 of 16 Posts